Another keet color guessing game!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by nurse_turtle, Oct 14, 2012.

1. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I've only had pearl gray and lavender and this is my first year of having guinea and I think I like them better than my chickens. I just picked these little ones up yesterday, locally, for $1.50 each! Thanks for all your help on this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    LOL, way cute pics!!! I love pics of comfy crashed keets with their feet out behind them [​IMG] Nice assortment, even nicer price [​IMG]

I only have to guess on one... I see 1 Coral Blue, 3 Royal Purples, 3 Violets, 1 State, 1 Lavender, 1 Powder Blue... and there's 1 keet in the large pile with it's head buried/butt out that I can't see well enough to positively ID, but I think it's another Slate. Only 11 keets, right? I snagged your 1st pic and labeled everybody for you. (The only 1 I guessed on is marked with the ???). Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  3. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

sounds like you got a great deal on some real cuties!!

4. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

So adorable, I too think I like my guineas better then the chickens. The keets are just to adorable and entertaining. I love their sleeping positions.

5. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    I forgot to mention that shavings aren't the best bedding for young keets... they are famous for eating them, getting impacted and dying within a few days. I'd put them on rubberized shelf liner or a couple layers of rough textured paper towels ASAP if you can (and newspaper is not good to use either, they need traction to avoid leg issues/injuries). Don't want to lose any of those lil pretties!

6. jodyb

jodyb Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2012
    Deep Gap, North Carolina
    Oh they are so darling. I live near Boone in the mountains and I wand some Guinea Hens.

7. Nice little rasp of Guinea keets ! I love babies of all kinds, well accept reptiles. The bird kingdom sure has a beautiful way of doing things. I have an Umbrella Cockatoo and we are best buds. She sure displays a wide range of emotioms for a bird.
    If you look at my signature, you will see were to go for a color chart of Guinea keets and Adults. It is dang interesting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by