Another New Member from SC: Medication Inventory

Welcome :). I am also in upstate SC and the avian vet I keep bookmarked is Alan Fudge. I have no idea if that would be closer than 1 1/2 hours to you or not, and maybe you've already checked that one out, but just in case!
Thank you. I just looked up his website. He has an excellent article about gapeworm myths I attached. His PO box is in Taylors. My daughter lives there and it takes me about 1 hour and 10 minutes to get there, but, his website says he is mobile only and he has limited his practice to the Greenville area. The vet that is an hour and a half from me is Healthpointe in Duncan SC. Their website says that they only take existing clients, however, they called me back for an appointment.

Attachments

• Gapeworm Myths.pdf
    89.1 KB · Views: 3
Pedialyte and vet wrap, great idea...thank you. Just curious, why the no pain kind triple antibiotic?
Triple antibiotic ointments that offer pain relief may contain Lidocaine, an ingredient that ends in "caine", or some type of topical anesthetic. Always best to do your own research and come to your own conclusion. There's a debate as to whether these ingredients are toxic to chickens or not - so as a precaution, it's often suggested to just avoid ointments with pain relief. There's SO many products/alternatives on the market available, it's fairly easy to just avoid it

Triple antibiotic ointments that offer pain relief may contain Lidocaine, an ingredient that ends in "caine", or some type of topical anesthetic. Always best to do your own research and come to your own conclusion. There's a debate as to whether these ingredients are toxic to chickens or not - so as a precaution, it's often suggested to just avoid ointments with pain relief. There's SO many products/alternatives on the market available, it's fairly easy to just avoid it

Thank you. It comes from being scared to death that something will happen to one of my babies and I was not prepared. I never thought I could love chickens like I love my dogs, but, I do. I know you do too.
Im in Nc Conover, I felt the same way I have 5 dogs but I love my chickens to death and yes they are spoiled.

Back
Top Bottom