Another newb

DratzDurpen

Chirping
Apr 14, 2018
Hi there! Been a bit of a lurker for some time now before I decided to finally join. I'm really open and an easy going person. 31 years old and happily married. I hope i can make some friends here that I can talk to regularly. Not sure what else to put so I'll answer the generic questions for now.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I first got chickens last year. I didn't keep them over the winter though because I just wasn't ready for that commitment. This year I'm better prepared to sustain my new flock through the winter and will be keeping them for a while.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
At the moment I have 26 chicks and 2 pullets

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have two turkeys, a white and a bronze broad breasted. Then I habe two week old Olive Eggers and three different types of Ameraucana.

(4) How did you find out aboutBackYardChickens.com?
I heard about it through Facebook

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I don't really have other hobbies to be truthful.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share

I own three dogs, all small breeds. I've been married for little over a year. I love my in-laws. I'm looking to make friends and have fun.

Welcome! I'm a newbie as well. :) I love the part where you said you don't really have hobbies. Saaame! Haha! I'm 33, married, have 3 young kids, 4 dogs, 2 cats, 21 chickens, an orchard, and a large garden. Those things ARE my hobbies!
That's so awesome, your life sounds just full to the brim. What kind of orchard do you have? I'd love to have 20 something birds but the Husband law says I can only have 10 lol

That's so awesome, your life sounds just full to the brim. What kind of orchard do you have? I'd love to have 20 something birds but the Husband law says I can only have 10 lol

My father-in-law planted everything and now we maintain it. So far we have: cherries, pomegranates, apricots, and peaches. My husband recently planted figs and gojis. The garden is devoted to tomatoes that we will be selling. :)

Back
Top Bottom