Another Newbe Question- Please Help me.

SoccerMomof7

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Kansas
Okay as some of you know I purchased these from the feed store and was told they were both female black australorps. Well the older they get the more different they look. Even their feathers look different and I am new at this whole thing so I need some help. I have been reading up and still have lots to learn. One of the chicks have very smooth black feathers with some white on the tips of her wings (Peeps) and she also has blackish legs. The other chick (Zora) have more pointed rough looking feathers and they have white streaks going through them, she has orange legs. Are they still the same or is one a different breed or is it a roo? That is what I am really worried about my DH says that we can only have 1 roo and we have Foghorn, a 3 week old Brown Leghorn. I have 7 kids that are getting more and more attached to her everyday. Zora is even my favorite...but what do you guys think?

Peeps on the left Zora on the right

DSCN0414.jpg

The one on the left looks like an australorp, but they both look like cockerals to me.

Edited because I don't know left from right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a side view of one (Zora) I will get a picture of the other one later. I have an overhead view if that will help.

DSCN0410.jpg

Back
Top Bottom