Another "newbie" from Wisconsin

Milliemay

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
Southwest Wisconsin
Hi all,

I am with the many other new members. I was excited to see this website. Can't get better advice than from people that have chickens!

I am also new to chickens. I will be getting chicks in 2 weeks. Very excited. Coop is a work in progress, crunch time is coming.

I look forward to reading many helpful and interesting topics on this awesome board. Oh, where can you find the cool avatars?

Sorry, guess I better edit and answer some of the "new member" ?'s. My husband and I own a farm in a beautiful valley in SW Wisconsin. We have bovines and lots of babies, two equines, two canines, and two felines. Also four very healthy, active boys. We are all excited about our new adventure with chicks.

I will be getting Buff Orpingtons, Silver Wyandottes, Black Australorps, and a few RI Reds. We have the room, so we are starting a fairly good sized flock. The coop will have 2 runs connected, so we can rotate the chickens. It will also have a run-in for my horses on one side. Knowing the way my hubby builds things, it will be big enough to live in! So, there is a little about me. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from TN

Thanks for all the nice welcomes. I can't believe,(actually, yes I can) how many new people there are in one day.

After looking over the rest of the website and forum subjects, I am confident that I can get an answer to just about any chicken ?'s.
wink.png

I am getting very excited about the arrival of my chicks! My family all think I am losing my mind, all I talk about are chickens!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes.

MM

Back
Top Bottom