Another noise question

SkyeT

Songster
Aug 7, 2018
San Antonio
Okay, so you helped me figure out what my Rouen is doing when she is so very vocal around her two male friends.

So, now I want to know what my males are doing. Both Duckter and Maggie are male. Besties forever it seems. Seriously they do everything together - talk, swim, walk, chase tail, mount tail...

Anyway, they just started something new the last couple of weeks that have my husband and I in stitches. Pretty much... they do this weird move to stand upright ( kinda wavy), either in the water or land, and then what sounds like a donkey braying as they straighten up. Almost like they have this massive gutteral burp coming up. Sometimes only one does it, then sometimes they do it one after the other.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? I would post a video but there is no warning as to when they will do it, and it happens so fast that I wouldn't be able to catch it in the middle.

Yes! That is why I said it sounded like a donkey braying. Like it was coming from deep down. It's hilarious, and we don't know why. They usually do it in the water, but we've never seen them mate with Sunshine, or else I would have thought it was some kind of celebratory noise.

Back
Top Bottom