Rouen duckling whistling?

So now that our Rouen is full grown...she....is a he. 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ They always surprise you huh?

Well we have 2 female Mallards and of course with our Rouen drake "going thru it," there is a lot of.....flirting and all that going on. But one day, Babbi, our Rouen drake, the duckling that this thread is originally about.....all of a sudden stands up straight, bucks up his chest and makes this deep grunt sound. And I asked @Stxnerbee , he's my husband by the way.....I was like...what the heck was that? Did Babbi just burp? 😂

But I noticed that the same body movement he was doing was the same he would do when he was a duckling and would make that whistle. So I wondered if that duckling whistle turned into this grunt?

Well with some quick reading, I found videos of other drakes doing the same thing, and it's the whistle-grunt that drakes do to entice females. 🤣 So now with the hormones raging a bit more....he does it a lot. He bucks up his chest, makes that sound, lowers his body, sticks his neck all the way out and gets a the zoomies for a few seconds.

It's for sure a hilarious thing to see, but I guess the girls love it. 😆
Thanks for the update. I am glad that you have some girls for him. I could not believe that my one Runner Duck that whistled was a female. I thought only males could do it but some how she managed to. That's funny about the whistle-grunt. Mine were always so busy chasing my girls that they had no time to do that. lol

Back
Top Bottom