Another one did not make it from hatch I picked up on Saturday (8/6).

We need pics if we are going to ID.
These are the three from my first hatchery purchase. Picked up on Sat. One DOA, another died day 1 the last one must have died either last night or early in the morning.

Attachments

• Dead Stiff chick 4 days.jpg
    Dead Stiff chick 4 days.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Lil Runt died.jpg
    Lil Runt died.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2
  • dead chick.jpg
    dead chick.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 2
Oh noooooo..... I'm so sorry.....
:hugs

I lost 2 from my last order. One was weak from shipping. Another was doing great and died overnight after I put it with my broody. Mama was still sitting on it and trying to protect it.
:hit

Sometimes they just don't make it, but it's always a good idea to check your setup, just to name sure there's nothing causing them to pass.

These are the three from my first hatchery purchase. Picked up on Sat. One DOA, another died day 1 the last one must have died either last night or early in the morning.
Shipping chicks in this heat is rough. I got 20 chicks shipped once and had to constantly dip their beaks is "save a chick" and keep scrambled egg available before they would perk up. It was a lot of work. Make sure they don't have pastey butt. Mine did. I ended up with 10:20 when it was all said and done. And guess what? 8 were cockerels!!!! Yup, the odds were against me that's for sure.

Oh noooooo..... I'm so sorry.....
:hugs

I lost 2 from my last order. One was weak from shipping. Another was doing great and died overnight after I put it with my broody. Mama was still sitting on it and trying to protect it.
:hit

Sometimes they just don't make it, but it's always a good idea to check your setup, just to name sure there's nothing causing them to pass.
Makes sense. I have shared my set up here and surely if something were amiss someone would have chimed up. :D Gonna take a today pic; brb!!

Pics 1 and 2 the new peeps. Pic no. 3 the older girls (5 weeks). Happy to report they seem to be thriving.

Attachments

• 20220808_112048.jpg
    20220808_112048.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220808_112105.jpg
    20220808_112105.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 5 week old chicks.jpg
    5 week old chicks.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back