Another one did not make it from hatch I picked up on Saturday (8/6).

We need pics if we are going to ID.
These are the three from my first hatchery purchase. Picked up on Sat. One DOA, another died day 1 the last one must have died either last night or early in the morning.

Attachments

• Dead Stiff chick 4 days.jpg
    Dead Stiff chick 4 days.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Lil Runt died.jpg
    Lil Runt died.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2
  • dead chick.jpg
    dead chick.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 2
These are the three from my first hatchery purchase. Picked up on Sat. One DOA, another died day 1 the last one must have died either last night or early in the morning.
Shipping chicks in this heat is rough. I got 20 chicks shipped once and had to constantly dip their beaks is "save a chick" and keep scrambled egg available before they would perk up. It was a lot of work. Make sure they don't have pastey butt. Mine did. I ended up with 10:20 when it was all said and done. And guess what? 8 were cockerels!!!! Yup, the odds were against me that's for sure.

Oh noooooo..... I'm so sorry.....
:hugs

I lost 2 from my last order. One was weak from shipping. Another was doing great and died overnight after I put it with my broody. Mama was still sitting on it and trying to protect it.
:hit

Sometimes they just don't make it, but it's always a good idea to check your setup, just to name sure there's nothing causing them to pass.

Oh noooooo..... I'm so sorry.....
:hugs

I lost 2 from my last order. One was weak from shipping. Another was doing great and died overnight after I put it with my broody. Mama was still sitting on it and trying to protect it.
:hit

Sometimes they just don't make it, but it's always a good idea to check your setup, just to name sure there's nothing causing them to pass.
Makes sense. I have shared my set up here and surely if something were amiss someone would have chimed up. :D Gonna take a today pic; brb!!

Pics 1 and 2 the new peeps. Pic no. 3 the older girls (5 weeks). Happy to report they seem to be thriving.

Attachments

• 20220808_112048.jpg
    20220808_112048.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220808_112105.jpg
    20220808_112105.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 5 week old chicks.jpg
    5 week old chicks.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back