Another one!

DuckiesGarden

Songster
7 Years
Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
My Coop
My Coop

I figured I'd ask about these chicks too! They're supposed to be light brahmas but look awful dark. Could I have gotten dark brahmas by mistake or is it normal for the lights to start out dark?

Yes they're hatchery birds, from mcmurray. The pics I looked at for them were mostly yellow with some "grey" on their back. Maybe these will just have more of the black feathers when they grow up??

I hadn't considered that they'd be the wrong breed altogether! Their feathered legs and size made me assume they were at least brahmas since that's what I ordered but maybe they had a mix up at the hatchery? I think i'm just going to have to wait and see on these. Maybe it'll be more obvious in a week or two when some feathers fill in.
idunno.gif
Now I'm stumped

Yes they're hatchery birds, from mcmurray. The pics I looked at for them were mostly yellow with some "grey" on their back. Maybe these will just have more of the black feathers when they grow up??
I have heard of people buying light brahmas from there and they look exactly like the chicks you have. They grow up with a bit of a smutty appearance.

Well that's too bad. I liked that columbian coloring! But as long as they lay well and the color is the only discrepancy (I also liked that they're supposed to have a very good disposition) I'll be happy with them still! Thanks for the input, by the way, I sure do appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom