Another question about humidity.......

Wild Chicken

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
West Michigan
Ok.....I have read and re-read a number of posts on humidity......I am slightly confused. In the learning center here at the BYC it says, "You want 50% humidity for day 1-18, then 70-80% for the last few days." But in most other posts it says 58-60% and than 65%
hmm.png

HELP....please......and thanks as always for all the help!!!

Thats cause just about everyone has a diffrent opinion about proper humidty , also from what i have read it seems to matter a little about youre own location but Im new.
I would say read on normal dry and high humidity and decide what one sounds best to you , I my self am leaning tword the lower humidity gang like 40% for the first 18 days or whatever but I am still reading .

I use 40 to 50% range for the first 18 days, on the low side of 40% works best most times of the year for me.

Last 3 days a 60 to 70% range, on the money at 70% works for me for nice clean hatches in my climate.

You just have to experiment with local eggs or your own flocks eggs in the incubator til you are confident on your hatching abilities before buying expensive shipped eggs in my opinion. Saves alot of heartache.

This is my first hatch and I am trying to keep my humidity about 50 to 55 that is what most of the info I got off of the internet says. Today is only day one for me so I will let you know what happens! Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom