Another question about incubators

Promiselandfarm

Songster
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Cumberland City, Tennessee
We have a incubator that I purchase at Tractor Supply and purchased the additional turner. It is one of the styrofoam incubators. Our hatch rate in that one is terrible. What is it about those? What can one do to improve the hatch rate? We had a temp gauge and water. Or can you take an old cabinet and use the heat ring and turner and make a new one? I actually have two turners not sure if the other one works as I had loaned out an incubator and only got the turner back as they said they sat on the incubator and broke it. Any thoughts?

Bet it's a still air...if it is put a pc fan (the small ones) in it...makes all the difference in the world...i could not control the temps in mine until DH installed one. Still takes alot of messing with but not as much.

which one the little one? OR the big one? The big one is supposed to have a waffer but the neighbor who was going to fix it used it and rigged it so it is a rigged incubator. I could not believe what he did to it. He was also the one who broke the others. Needless to say we will no longer loan out our incubators. The little one has the heat ring thingy with the adjustable red knobs on top. We have a portable temp gauge that we bought at Harbor F(sp?) a hardware/tools only super store.

If you want a hobby incubator for hatching a a few dozen eggs at a time you might be interested in a Hovabator 1588 . Everything is preset. No fiddling, not messing with knobs. Just plug in, add water and eggs and wait 21 days.

I never loan out my incubators. I know they won't be taken care of like I do it.

Back
Top Bottom