ANOTHER rooster or big combed hen

Out of curiosity, where are you seeing the wing bow patches coming in? Do you mean the slight red-ish feathers?
20230720_083146.jpg

I've got lots of cockerels this year too, so you aren't alone. 14, cockerels to be exact.
Me, too! I have four cockerels and one rooster, which I am still trying to figure out what to do with. I'm not giving away my rooster, bottom line, but I'm unsure of how integrating the extra cockerels will work out and which pens I need to put them in . . . I'm fine with getting cockerels, I can handle them, but it's the other males I worry about!

Me, too! I have four cockerels and one rooster, which I am still trying to figure out what to do with. I'm not giving away my rooster, bottom line, but I'm unsure of how integrating the extra cockerels will work out and which pens I need to put them in . . . I'm fine with getting cockerels, I can handle them, but it's the other males I worry about!
When my cockerels get about half the size of the other birds(Roosters included), I just drop them off right in the coop, so they can get bossed around by the older hens. When it's time, I butcher the ones I don't need.

Back
Top Bottom