Another Set of Twins!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by helmstead, Nov 16, 2007.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    I found Emma with amber goo around 1:00 and got her in the barn. Talk about good timing. Whew! I stayed with her because she immediately started pawing. The first kid became stuck, all I had were two feet and a nose. I grabbed and pulled with her contraction and got the first little one out. The other one came about 5 minutes later and in only two pushes with no assistance.

We have Willow - the white agouti - who is a doeling and Virtue - the grey agouti - who is a buckling!

[​IMG]

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    So cute and already finding the milk before mom even has a chance to clean up!

Babies sure know what food is good for them and how to find it! (as a breastfeeding teacher, these pics really are wonderful to me!)

3. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    WOW there must be something in the water !! you have another set of beautiful babies. Way to go mama Emma!

Julie

4. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    so cuteeee

5. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    That is good timing. Cute babies. [​IMG]

6. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Quote:NO KIDDING! It was a real accident - God put me there I guess since Emma needed help delivering. I was sitting on one of the stumps observing because I had just turned Sugar and her twins out for the first time - had to make sure everyone played nice. I noticed Emma's udder looked different...and upon closer examination saw the goo. Whew!

Arlee - the little doeling was on Emma's teat as she was trying to birth her twin! LOL I just wonder if their teats hurt as badly as OURS do in that first week!

I'm only on kid watch for one more doe this fall - Two Spot - who is a first freshener. I worry about the first timers! Argh!

7. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Way to be there helmstead. That was a God thing for sure. They are cute.

8. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Those babies are so cute. You did a great job helping her. Congrats on the twinkies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by