Feline families.... Sheba wet, twin packs

GingerRose

Free Ranging
Apr 1, 2022
Alpine, Alabama
Anyone purchase Sheba, wet food, Perfect Portions for their felines?

My Jolene is a very finicky gal.
Her highness turns her little pink nose away from any wet food other than Sheba, Roasted Chicken & Tender Turkey cuts.
She also eats kibble of Iams, Proactive Health, Indoor, Weight & Hairball. She will not eat any other kibble.
Both of these product brands are manufactured by Mars, Inc.

This afternoon, my husband brought Jolenes food home and immediately, I could smell a LOUD, rotten odor, before opening the cardboard box.
When I opened up the cardboard, I gagged, snorted and almost vomited. There are 16 of these packs bloated. Two of these packs were leaking this PUTRID odor, and it was all over the rest of the normal looking packs. That makes 18 out of 24....... Rotten?
I picked up a bloated twin pack and before I could put my other hand on it, to open, one of them exploded.
Yeah, exploded from me picking it up.
Now, not only is this new box of food smelling like shit, now I smell like it, my kitchen, my shoes, my whole house smells like something died, was heated up and smeared across my countertop. And me.
This isnt the first time I purchased packs with bloated portions. This is the THIRD time.
The first time, I blamed shipping. The second time, I blamed WalMart or TSC, wherever hubby purchased it from. The two times before tonight, was not as bad as this time.
This isnt cheap cat food, not top tier either.
I'm scared to let Jolene eat any of this.
These are the twin packs,
Jolene has loved this particular food for 4 years now. When our local stores (WalMart or TSC) are out of stock, we drive to wherever we need to, just get more for her.

I want to know if anyone else has purchaed this cat food and with bloated packs...
Im not real sure about any recourse, if any, with Mars.
What would yall do?

20221109_234818.jpg
PXL_20201214_174345434.jpg

That’s awful! I only tried feeding it once, and my cat turned her nose up at it 😂
She’ll only eat Fancy Feast, and only certain flavors/textures 😂

Maybe you could try contacting the company, or the store you bought it from? Most places have a satisfaction guarantee and will at least give you a replacement or refund :confused:

oof thats horrible! bloat usually indicates it’s gone bad in foods packaged like that. sounds like it smells bad enough that if you took it back to where you bought it, they’d probably give you a refund in a hurry. so that they can get rid of that smell!

and 3 times is 2 times too many for me. id start looking for options that she’ll eat.

I've tried feeding the Sheba brand wet cat food to my cats before. Each time I've ended up with sick cats. So, no more Sheba for me.

And with the track record you've had with this brand, I'd look at other foods.

Because I felt like spoiling my cats, I bought Made by Nacho from Chewy.com and my cats absolutely love it.

I'm using it as part of training as well, trying to tame up a feral so I can catch and neuter/vaccinate. He's grooving on the food so much that he's been actually begging at my door at feeding time. A complete turnaround from darting away at the sight of me!

I agree with the others, take that food back for a refund.

Good luck, your cat looks like a princess!

I wrote a long statement to them on the Mars Inc site. I havent checked if they have responded yet.
I am going this afternoon and get 2 cans of all, not made by Mars.

Back
Top Bottom