Another " what breed of duck" post

Kahoku

Chirping
Jun 28, 2019
Arizona City, AZ
Got these littles July 25th at TSC. Posted pics about 3 weeks ago. Miss Lydia suggested they were Indian Runner's. Now I'm really not so sure. Sometimes they walk low like Pekin's and sometimes walk high like Runner's. Their feet are a nice orange, but the bills are more gold colored. They moved out of the house yesterday and enjoying their new home. Here's a pic of them. Could I have gotten Pekin / Runner mix? Can anybody give me idea's on what I got. If they are Pekin's can they fly? I don't have a cover on the pen yet, but they are still young.

Attachments

• 20190902_161640.jpg
    20190902_161640.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 26
The one on the left has Runner posture and neck. The Ducklings hatched from our Pekin/Runner eggs always have color besides white so most likely you have a full Pekin and one that MIGHT have have some runner heritage.

I think they are pekin. Look at the size of there legs...way to thick to be fawn and white runner. Also the colors...they would have more of the fawn to them if they were fawn and white runners. They are very pretty!
Thanks for the info. These are my first ducks, when it looked like I had Runner's did a crap ton of reading and planned for them not Pekin's. Guess I have more reading to do!

They sure have changed, the one on the left does look to have some Runner in it or could just be hatchery Runner the other def Pekin. Only thing is TSC doesn't usually sell mixes. Unless this was an oops at the hatchery/ Very pretty babies! oh and they may not fly but having the run covered and secured will keep something from flying in or climbing in.

Back
Top Bottom