Ant killer recommendation

I'm partial to sugar water + Borax. Get the ratios right and you'll have ants (sugar-eaters, at least) carrying your bait to their nest and wipe the whole thing out in a week. Get the ratios wrong (too strong) and you'll have a bunch of dead ants near your bait.
Bonus for the Borax is you can make your own laundry detergent using that and some other stuff.
That mix is essentially Terrax as far as I have heard (on the Internet, so it must be true).
Ants that feed on fats won't take that bait.
You could go scorched earth and get something like Bifens granules, but I wouldn't use them close to the run, though you could create a "fire break" with it. I have to use that along my fence line because of ground termites all over the dang place.

Hi everyone, Do you have any recommendations for something that can help get rid of ants in the coop/run that’s safe for chickens? We have a ton of ants in the area. Thanks!
I use Tempo, 16ml to a gallon of water, and pour it slow down the bed and spray around the edge of the run, It works for me and hasn't bothered the chickens.

I too have ants in the coop and U want them gone. They are crawling all over the floor and I don't like it. Is there a natural remedy I can try? Don't want to do the bait thing.
Mint jelly from the grocery store with some borax mixed in. However I wouldn't have it where the hens might eat it.

To keep your hens from eating any of the mentioned items, you can easily exclude chickens and allow ants. Secure the item under a container -like an upturned plastic container with some openings for the ants. Secure it with heavy item, some small nails or screwed to a board.

Back
Top Bottom