Ant problem in run ?!?

Oh wow i didnt find anything like that about the ingredient i think i may have had tunnel vision from freaking out! Lol thank you for going out your way to find that for me! Thats great news it does sounds hopeful!

The label says it's a pyrethoid. Here's some basic info: "[COLOR=252525]Pyrethroids were introduced in the late 1900s by a team of [/COLOR]Rothamsted Research [COLOR=252525] scientists following the elucidation of the structures of pyrethrin I and II by [/COLOR]Hermann Staudinger [COLOR=252525] and [/COLOR]Leopold Ružička [COLOR=252525] in the 1920s. The pyrethroids represented a major advancement in the chemistry that would synthesize the analog of the natural version found in [/COLOR]pyrethrum [COLOR=252525]. Its insecticidal activity has relatively low mammalian toxicity and an unusually fast biodegradation. Their development coincided with the identification of problems with [/COLOR]DDT [COLOR=252525] use. Their work consisted firstly of identifying the most active components of [/COLOR]pyrethrum [COLOR=252525], extracted from East African chrysanthemum flowers and long known to have insecticidal properties. Pyrethrum rapidly knocks down flying insects but has negligible persistence — which is good for the environment but gives poor efficacy when applied in the field." [/COLOR]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrethroid Given that, I think I'd be tempted to just water the area really really well. Just flood it (as long as the water isn't going to run into a stream or pond). Think of a good soaking rain, where you get an inch or two of water. The stuff breaks down pretty fast, in spite of what the advertising says. Once it dries, mow the grass, just to be safe. Your chickens should be fine.
Im just so excited for that news and wanted to say thank you again! Yesterday i read all this info on the wrong chemical which i didnt know at the time it was the wrong one and all the info on it said it bound to organic matter and was hard to get rid of! Lol im so happy thank you for finding that i totally missed that!

Back
Top Bottom