Anti Pick Bits?

coonriver

Songster
11 Years
May 3, 2010
Sac City,Iowa
I'm thinking about useing some on my bobwhites and was wondering do they go on top of the beak or in the mouth? can they be used on birds during breeding?can they eat mash or do they need to eat pelleted feed? I am wanting to put them in pens again before winter but don't know if they can be used on breeding birds? Thanks! Mike

Quote:
I use the bits on problem birds. They go in the mouth and squeeze into the nostrils. I have never used them on breeding birds bit you should be ok with the hens anyway... I'v found them to generally be the trouble makers. Don't think the roo could hold on like they should with a bit in there mouth. I feed mine the same game bird starter everyone else gets... They won't like the bit at first, mine are used to them now and it made the lady's easier to get along with !! Good luck, Bill

Quote:

I use the bits on problem birds. They go in the mouth and squeeze into the nostrils. I have never used them on breeding birds bit you should be ok with the hens anyway... I'v found them to generally be the trouble makers. Don't think the roo could hold on like they should with a bit in there mouth. I feed mine the same game bird starter everyone else gets... They won't like the bit at first, mine are used to them now and it made the lady's easier to get along with !! Good luck, Bill
Do you have a picture? I just want to make sure I understand how to use it correctly. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom