Antibiotic for Respiratory Issues?

They will get flare ups whenever they feel is something stressful, like molting, an injury, change of season, new flock members, loss of a flock member, etc.
Thank you so much for your help. I've got a few more sick now, 5 in total. Varying degrees of severity. Still mostly just wet, rattled breathing. Not a lot of sneezing. A few have clear discharge coming out of their noses. When do I know it's time to treat with antibiotics?

Thank you so much for your help. I've got a few more sick now, 5 in total. Varying degrees of severity. Still mostly just wet, rattled breathing. Not a lot of sneezing. A few have clear discharge coming out of their noses. When do I know it's time to treat with antibiotics?
If you know what disease it is and you choose to use antibiotics, you should give it asap. The chickens stay vulnerable for new infections. You can not eat the eggs for some time.

The other choice you have is to wait and see what happens. The strongest chickens will survive. And they have good genes for the next generations.

If you know what disease it is and you choose to use antibiotics, you should give it asap. The chickens stay vulnerable for new infections. You can not eat the eggs for some time.

The other choice you have is to wait and see what happens. The strongest chickens will survive. And they have good genes for the next generations.
If some of my chickens don't get symptoms, does that mean that they don't have it? Or should I assume they all have it?

With lots of diseases it’s similar with chickens as it is for humans. Some get sick and some don’t. Depending on genes, fresh food and vitamines, living space, stress, ventilation, age....

Back
Top Bottom