Antibiotics in Eggs for School Science Project

sophiem

Hatching
Mar 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have 11 chickens at my house and we are currently de-worming them. My mum says that we are not allowed to eat their eggs over a period of about 2 weeks. This inspired me to do my school science project about my chickens and how what they eat processes into the eggs. I want to test the difference between eggs with antibiotics inside them and eggs without antibiotics and see how concentrated the antibiotic discharge is in the egg. I mainly want to find out if the natural supplements, food and antibiotics all process through the chicken and into the eggs. I am having difficulty finding a method that coincides with this investigation as my main goal is to test if what they eat manifests itself into the eggs.

Please share any ideas,
Thankyou!!
big_smile.png

All antibiotics and chemicals introduced into their body will reside in the egg but I don't think the food does. Like a rooster's fertility goes into the egg but can be invisible until incubated

Thankyou! Do you happen to know what's inside the antibiotics that processes it through into the egg? I was also going to make a pellet (as an additional part of the task because it has to 'help people in the world') with a natural herbal supplement called Artemisinin that helps aid malaria. Is it possible that this will process into the egg? How would I test this?
(sorry for all of the questions)

Hi everyone (again),

I have altered my experiment and need to test the levels of this antibiotic in the egg, please can someone tell where in the egg and what can I use to test this?

Thank you for all the help everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom