ANTIBX

chatch

Hatching
10 Years
May 1, 2009
i HAVE BEEN GIVING MY WEEK OLD CHICKS A TEASPOON OF TETRACYCLINE IN THE WATER for 7 days. CAn this be stopped now? Also on feed: Im using what Country max said to use for starter feed. Do I give them a small bowl of grit as well? I am using compost and sand finely ground and they eat it up. ALso, ok to introduce real foods like kitchen scraps of veggie peels, lettuce, scrambled egg? The 2 wk olds gobble it down but the 1 week olds dont want it.

I bought them thru Country Max farm store and they told me to give it to them the fist week. I hated doing it since I wanted to go organic for eggs. Ive called them since the bag said use for 7-14 days and they told me I could stop adding it now.

I would never give them antibiotics unless they are needed. It will cause the antibiotics to be less effective if you ever HAVE to give it. Many stores recommend it so they can sell more product but unless they actually have an infection it is wasted. I would stop giving it now.
Yes it's ok on the grit and treats. Sometimes the younger chicks just don't realize it's food. Once one tries it they will all jump in. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom