Anxiety dreams about your chickens?

Aaaaugh I had ANOTHER anxiety dream about them, this time it involved a predator attack in the night. Apparently my subconscious has really been working overtime on these birds.

I'm glad to know it's not just me. I've had so many chicken dreams in the 6 months that I've had my girls. Dreams that they were roos, dreams they are missing, dreams that a predator got them, dreams about various injuries. I also just wake up randomly in the night alarmed that maybe I didn't shut the coop. I'm not usually such a worrier but having animals living outside is new to me and I don't like not being able to control their environment completely. My partner expects that I'll be having them sleep in our bed anytime now! Haha!

a couple months back when i first moved my girls out into the coop, the first couple nights were anxiety ridden for me. i had multiple dreams about them. one of the dreams was about my cat getting into the chicken coop and attacking my three girls! i went out to check on them in the dream and i seen that they were almost completely featherless, he had apparently ripped em all out- it’s very weird how dreams work, something could seem so scary when you’re in it but when you’re wake up sometimes it’s just so unrealistic? like hello. i dreamt about my cat attacking my girls, but in reality my girls literally chase my cat if they see him :rolleyes: little raptors

Okay, here goes. Background: the previous day our chicken had been attacked by dogs. She was okay, but it left me a little shaken over the next couple of days.

Now, this is one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had. Somehow our chickens had turned into (live) goldfish in a fishbowl. So, for some reason we took them to the beach in the fishbowl. Then sand got in the fishbowl, so in a desperate attempt to save them, we put the chicken-goldfish in the sea. And that's when they turned into snack-goldfish and became all swollen and soggy like goldfish do when they get wet.

What is my brain trying to tell me??

Living with anxiety or depression is very difficult. My friend was depressed, it's a very sad sight. My friend was always sad and depressed. In such matters, without the intervention of a psychologist or therapist, you can not cope.

Old thread, but figured I'd post here.

Every singly night since I first put my chickens outside (been about a year now).I've had dreams of some sort of predator getting into the coop. EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. Raccoons, minks, weasels, skunks, coyotes, eagles, hawks, owls, foxes, I've seen it all. It's always terrifying, and I always wake in a sweat. Can't remember the last time I had a good sleep.

Though, there were two nights when I didn't have a predator dream, it was the two nights directly after I lost my dear Poshy.

The first, we were rushing down a river in a raft amd I had to hold on to her, we got to a waterfall and I just could no longer hold on, my grip slipped and I watched my girl get swept away into the distance.

Probably cause I felt like I failed her?

The second, a car pulled up with a box, inside the box was my Poshy, then I couldn't get to her. She was in my house, and I could hear her in distress, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get to her.

Back
Top Bottom