anxious tonight

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rach4, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Rach4

Rach4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2016
    Australia
    So we have 2 days to go before we expect to welcome anywhere from 1 to 5 new flock members.... I am anxiously waiting as we have flood warnings and my poor hen has laid her eggs on the ground!!!!!
    I have spent the day digging trenches around the coop so the water will go away from coop, barricading the poor things with sand bags as well... a bit over the top but the poor darling, she has been so good that I just couldn't risk all her hard work going down the drain quite literally! So tonight will be a very anxious wait, my partner has also teamed up to make sure all is going to go well for her, nervous but so excited we have only 2 days to go!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Fingers crossed! Sounds like you've taken every precaution. Best of luck!

3. ChickenChaser9

ChickenChaser9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2016

Best wishes!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I hope all works out for you! That's got to be hard.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Are you generally hit by serious flooding? Hope all goes well for you.

6. Rach4

Rach4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2016
    Australia
    not generally, but this year yeah unfortunately, I guess just like a lot of other people. unfortunately we live near old gold diggings so when it floods it floods, and for some reason she decided to lay on the ground and not the usual box lol, but thank you for best wishes (and to everyone else) we made it threw the night, after a couple of checks and fixed leaking holes, she still at it, hoping tomorrow is the big day as we haven't seen the eggs as she hasn't moved, checked her don't know how many times today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by