Any ABA Judges Out There? I need showing opinions on these BB Reds.

Quote:
If you are truly serious about raising exhibition bantams, especially OE, I would make the trip to Shawnee the 2nd weekend in December and see what real OE look like in person.
They also have a good sale area. This will also be the show hosting the 2010 APA Nationals

Bob

Matt,

I know of a guy in Wister, OK that raises many varieties of OEGB. They're exhibition stock. I have his email if you'd like to try and contact him.
smile.png

Quote:
If you are truly serious about raising exhibition bantams, especially OE, I would make the trip to Shawnee the 2nd weekend in December and see what real OE look like in person.
They also have a good sale area. This will also be the show hosting the 2010 APA Nationals

Bob

You could come along with me!
big_smile.png
I'm leaving from Claremore!

No possibility of going to that show, I work on weekends.

I think the Barnes line is good enough to start with. I'll add a second pair of good breeders as I learn more and maybe establish my own line of BBR's.

To that end I've placed a big on the eggbid site for a breeding pair of BB Red OEGB's out of the Barnes bloodline. The add does not have photos of the actual birds but there are others there from this same bloodline. Also the seller has a website, http://www.cockadoodlecoops.com , and has photos of his birds there. If some of you wouldn't mind visiting that website, having a look at the BB Reds, and letting me know what you think of them that would be great!!

I'd be careful about buying anything from EGGBID, especially something I couldn't at least see. Remember that "Pig In A Poke" thing.
I always suggest that people learn the breed before buying anything. IMO you'd be better off waiting 'till you can get to a show or 2 to look birds over before buying. In the meantime study the Standard, subscribe to Poultry Press & see what winning birds look like & talk with some breeders. You'll save yourself a false start & wasted time & $$$.​

Back
Top Bottom