Any advice?

Shannylaice

In the Brooder
Feb 11, 2021
My hen is 3 years old and does have an underlying condition that has caused acsites “water belly”. She was doing much better the next day. She did well for 2 weeks. A few nights ago she was not going in the coop at night and doing this motion with her neck. It seems she is struggling to get food or water down and has no interest in eating or drinking. I just gave her a few drops of water through a syringe and this is what she does. I honestly thought she was passing the night I found her this way. I brought her into the house and she has kept going for 2 more nights yet. Any idea what is going on or how could help her?

I had one doing a weird neck motion and she had a compacted crop that I had to feed her coconut oil and massage her crop for several days til I got it to break up and move out

I had one doing a weird neck motion and she had a compacted crop that I had to feed her coconut oil and massage her crop for several days til I got it to break up and move out
Ok that’s what I have been wondering. I have to open her beak to get coconut oil or anything into her. I did try massaging her crop yesterday and she seemed as though she wanted to puke. She even had a few drops of yellow liquid come out of her mouth. The only thing is that I can’t even feel that she has anything in her crop. Unless I am missing it. How much coconut oil do you feel you gave your hen?

Ok that’s what I have been wondering. I have to open her beak to get coconut oil or anything into her. I did try massaging her crop yesterday and she seemed as though she wanted to puke. She even had a few drops of yellow liquid come out of her mouth. The only thing is that I can’t even feel that she has anything in her crop. Unless I am missing it. How much coconut oil do you feel you gave your hen?
I am by no means an expert I just read a lot on here and trust this website so I hope others will chime in soon she could or may have sour crop but mine was just compacted so I let the coconut oil get cold in freezer and broke up chunks and feed her just pop open her mouth stick it in and let her swallow gave a few minutes to melt and I massage her crop for about 10 minutes and I did it multiple times a day and her crop got less and less over the course of several days until it completely emptied

Back
Top Bottom