Any artists out there?

And done.
20201128_195722.jpg

Drew this today—experimenting with first laying down a base color so it’s easier to add highlights and shadows, and also blending to make everything look smoother
View attachment 2429356

Also I keep meaning to keep up on this thread more because all of the art is so good! For some reason I stopped getting notifications :/
Well done, that looks great!!

These are the closest things to "art" that I've done recently -- freehand embroidery.
I sketched the outline onto the cloth, so it's technically drawing... sort of.
Eastern-style dragon, the second practice piece:
DSC_7822.JPG

My first practice piece, a baby turtleduck from Avatar: The Last Airbender:
DSC_7823.JPG

Last edited:
These are the closest things to "art" that I've done recently -- freehand embroidery.
I sketched the outline onto the cloth, so it's technically drawing... sort of.
Eastern-style dragon, the second practice piece:
View attachment 2430645

my first practice piece, a baby turtleduck from Avatar: The Last Airbender:
View attachment 2430644
Wow, the dragon is really cool to look at. You could make a whole tapestry or something.
Here is a drawing I made yesterday of an alpaca and a Jersey cow. I was trying to be efficient, so I used the same pencil for most of it and did not worry too much about the small details. It turned out better than I thought, considering the fact that I have never drawn an alpaca or a cow before.
View attachment 2430708
I love the details on both. They’ve got awesome facial expressions.

I have so enjoyed all the art on this thread. You guys are a bunch of talented chicken-lovers!

My studio has been packed up for almost a year while we moved and are building a house. Living in a teeny-tiny rental til we get it done, so everything except a few busy-work projects is boxed up in storage. (Insert really sad face).

I make hand sculpted folk art dolls and figures, some textile work (free form embroidery and wool applique) and paint murals for people's walls. It'll be hard not to go crazy on our new walls, but I will wait for a while to see what the light does.

Some of the better-selling dolls are reproductions of Izannah Walker dolls from the mid 1800's, but my favorites are the "weird" ones.

Hope y'all's Thanks Giving was lovely, and thanks for letting me join the Art Party. :)

Attachments

• 100_0274.JPG
    100_0274.JPG
    570 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_1055.JPG
    100_1055.JPG
    587.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_0275.JPG
    100_0275.JPG
    586.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_9044.JPG
    100_9044.JPG