Any artists out there?

Sketchbook Dump!! LOTS of fantasy sketches incoming!!!

The lovely miss Ammil Crane...lonely mother...queen of The Wandering Vessels of Reverie
View attachment 2603383

Some mischievous fairies...
View attachment 2603386

PIRR! <3 I still have NO IDEA how to get his wings to fold properly.
View attachment 2603384View attachment 2603387
He gets to wear a skirt because I said so <3
View attachment 2603392

Spruce...my darling deer...
View attachment 2603389View attachment 2603390

SAMS... I can't stop drawing her in the garden dress it's just SO PRETTY
View attachment 2603393
View attachment 2603401
Her but with lipstick or something
View attachment 2603399

At the service of his royal highness, Prince Arbor
View attachment 2603394

He's like um...okay...cool
View attachment 2603395

Hijinks
View attachment 2603396

Pirr but when he is smol (+ bonus arbor) (reach level 50 friendship to unlock tragic childhood backstory)
View attachment 2603397
View attachment 2603398

Obligatory hug <3 <3
View attachment 2603391

Contemplating life
View attachment 2603400
I WANT LEVEL 50 FRIENDSHIP RIGHT NOW.

Moose Man...still haven't picked a definite name for him :rolleyes:
Also I can't decide if he should keep both antlers or have one broken like it is in the big poster (I really did that so he would fit in the picture :oops:)
View attachment 2603551

More minor character/background fantasy creature design practices...
I also did a sketch of Mack (you might remember him from the old writing drafts) but I forgot to import the pic of it to this computer...
View attachment 2603554

Some older sketches of Spruce...I had her with a bobcat body initially, but I decided to change it to deer so her porpotions/height worked better with the other characters, lol. Her face shape also kept switching between oval and more squarish.
View attachment 2603559
What kind of backstory does he have? Has he been been wizened by years of magic and conflict and stuff like that?
Wounds or scars can be a sign of experience.
... But, wait, would the weight difference be annoying? How heavy are antlers (heavyyyy)?
I don't know, but I like him either way!

And Spruce looks so sweet!

Also I can't decide if he should keep both antlers or have one broken like it is in the big poster (I really did that so he would fit in the picture :oops:)
View attachment 2603551

I also did a sketch of Mack (you might remember him from the old writing drafts) but I forgot to import the pic of it to this computer...
View attachment 2603554

Some older sketches of Spruce...I had her with a bobcat body initially, but I decided to change it to deer so her porpotions/height worked better with the other characters, lol. Her face shape also kept switching between oval and more squarish.
View attachment 2603559
I really like the anatomy. And the ears. It’s pretty cool how your style can work with a wizened face. Lasso girl looks fierce. The big awkward bobcat paws were really cute tho. She looks so cute when she’s happy!

All right, here's something that I just randomly sketched up last night -- I tried drawing myself as a Vocaloid (Japanese software for vocals, with each voicebank having a character to go with it):
IMG_20210407_125511.jpg

View attachment 2603551

View attachment 2603554

View attachment 2603559
Froggo!
Goodness, big froggo.

I really like the anatomy. And the ears. It’s pretty cool how your style can work with a wizened face. Lasso girl looks fierce. The big awkward bobcat paws were really cute tho. She looks so cute when she’s happy!
What kind of backstory does he have? Has he been been wizened by years of magic and conflict and stuff like that?
Wounds or scars can be a sign of experience.
... But, wait, would the weight difference be annoying? How heavy are antlers (heavyyyy)?
I don't know, but I like him either way!

And Spruce looks so sweet!
Thank you guys!!

Alright, because you asked for it (Well, you asked for Pirr's backstory, but it's complicated so now you're getting everything). And because it will probably be years until I actually finish my book, I'll just tell you the gist. JUICY LORE!!

So basically once upon a time, there was this woman named Emily Crane and she had a daughter named Lucy. One day there was a tragic accident involving a swimming pool which left Lucy in a coma. Before the accident, Emily had bought a stuffed animal for Lucy in hopes to give it to her for her birthday. But this stuffed animal is actually magic, and it grants the owner magical powers. However, since Emily had never actually given the toy to Lucy, it belonged to Emily and she then gained the ability to enter Lucy's dreams. Seeing that the child was frightened and having nightmares, Emily gave her the power to create a fantastical world inside her own mind for her to live in. The world and all of its inhabitants are brought to life through a combination of two types of magic; sun magic and moon magic which are both collected from the light shining on the river and harnessed by all. Also, note, time in this world passes much faster than the real world, so it's a Narnia-like situation. Emily is able to visit The Reverie every 'year' when really it's every night.
Ok so fast forward several months, and it's been many years. Over time, Lucy, now the Goddess Tempest, becomes corrupted, gaining control over the sun river to achieve the great powers associated with the sun. Emily has grown attached to The Reverie and vows to protect its inhabitants, but no longer associates with her daughter. Emily disguises herself by transforming into a nymph of sorts and changing her name to Ammil, so she can shapeshift between tree and human. She becomes a queen and her kingdom grows. One day she bears a son who she names Arbor. Tempest grows jealous of the Prince, and one night, learning of Ammil's secret, she kidnaps the young boy during the night with the intention of murder. The kingdom is in an uproar! War is waged in an effort to free the prince!
Thousands of soldiers march into battle against Tempest and her followers. Epic fantasy battle ensues! The prince is saved! But, there is a very high cost to this battle. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the kingdom is killed in action. Many children are orphaned, including Pirr. Spruce's family is a different story, however. Though her grandfather survived the battle, he spoke out against Queen Ammil's decision to wage war, and because of his opposition, he was banished from the kingdom.
Because of a shortage of older warriors, as soon as Pirr and Spruce became of age, they were appointed to be the royal guardians of Prince Arbor, swearing to protect him and the kingdom at all costs. So yeah, that's basically the whole backstory. you're welcome.
TL;DR if you don't want spoilers: Pirr's parents were killed in a battle when the goddess kidnapped Prince Arbor (son of Queen Ammil). A few years later, Pirr and Spruce are named as Arbor's royal guards. Spruce's grandfather, Moose Man, is also banished for opposition to the battle.

Also, you bring up a great point about the antlers. Maybe I will break part of one of them, but not the entire thing.

Back
Top Bottom