Any artists out there?

Naisha

Raptor whisperer
Premium Feather Member
Oct 30, 2021
Spain
Your welcome! I’ve never been good at creating OCs, do you have any tips?
That is sad, but it sounds like a really interesting Story to read!

Thank you! 🤗
I think one of the most useful tips I’ve received and I give is: Don’t be afraid of using references, copy!! When I have to create a character, the first thing I do is go to pinterest (more useful than google in this, imo) and use keywords of ideas I have, to get inspiration. Example: if I want to create a female elf archer, I’ll use “elf fantasy drawing”, “elvish outfit”, “elvish bow”, “elf warrior”, and you’ll get an awful lot of references. Then I pick a pose that could be used by any character, very general. And then I try to start adding all the stuff that I like from the references I’ve been watching. And of course, every time I draw a character I have to look up hands and feet/shoes references, because otherwise it’s impossible xD
I think looking for the right references is almost as important as technique.

RoosterWhisperer

M*A*S*H
Premium Feather Member
Sep 13, 2019
I think one of the most useful tips I’ve received and I give is: Don’t be afraid of using references, copy!! When I have to create a character, the first thing I do is go to pinterest (more useful than google in this, imo) and use keywords of ideas I have, to get inspiration. Example: if I want to create a female elf archer, I’ll use “elf fantasy drawing”, “elvish outfit”, “elvish bow”, “elf warrior”, and you’ll get an awful lot of references. Then I pick a pose that could be used by any character, very general. And then I try to start adding all the stuff that I like from the references I’ve been watching. And of course, every time I draw a character I have to look up hands and feet/shoes references, because otherwise it’s impossible xD
Wow thank you so much! :highfive: That really helps!

Whenever I try to make my own character I do look for reference and bass them on other characters, sometimes I feel guilty about that but now I know it’s okay to look for other reference, thanks! 😁

RoosterWhisperer

M*A*S*H
Premium Feather Member
Sep 13, 2019
@Naisha, This is another one I did, he’s from a show we like.
Katsuto jumonji, I have a soft spot for big guys. :p
36971BA2-1094-41CD-BFE9-0025DB865635.jpeg

I also draw a lot of birds and other characters, so feel free to let me know if you’d like to see them!

lilmillefleur

chillin' with my peeps!
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Oct 3, 2015
MA
View attachment 2917970
Aloha! This is a little character that I drew on my phone, hope u like him!
Bonjour! I like him very much!! uwu

Oooh this thread is so nice!! I really like to see different styles and techniques.
I draw digitally, here’s some stuff I’ve done for a video game project: View attachment 2918094 View attachment 2918095 View attachment 2918096
those are some impressive background skills! Welcome to the thread, both of you!

Last edited:

CrazyCochin

❄️Winter is here! ❄️
May 21, 2019
Washington State, aka The pacific NorthWest
I use reference all the time! :highfive:Sometimes I’ll spend hours browsing Pinterest just looking for a reference picture to sketch. 😂

Last edited:

Naisha

Raptor whisperer
Premium Feather Member
Oct 30, 2021
Spain
@Naisha, This is another one I did, he’s from a show we like.
Katsuto jumonji, I have a soft spot for big guys. :p
View attachment 2919391
I also draw a lot of birds and other characters, so feel free to let me know if you’d like to see them!
Yeeess ping me when you post them! I like your style a lot!

Top Bottom