Any artists out there?

I think one of the most useful tips I’ve received and I give is: Don’t be afraid of using references, copy!! When I have to create a character, the first thing I do is go to pinterest (more useful than google in this, imo) and use keywords of ideas I have, to get inspiration. Example: if I want to create a female elf archer, I’ll use “elf fantasy drawing”, “elvish outfit”, “elvish bow”, “elf warrior”, and you’ll get an awful lot of references. Then I pick a pose that could be used by any character, very general. And then I try to start adding all the stuff that I like from the references I’ve been watching. And of course, every time I draw a character I have to look up hands and feet/shoes references, because otherwise it’s impossible xD
I think looking for the right references is almost as important as technique.
Wow thank you so much! :highfive: That really helps!

Whenever I try to make my own character I do look for reference and bass them on other characters, sometimes I feel guilty about that but now I know it’s okay to look for other reference, thanks! 😁

@Naisha, This is another one I did, he’s from a show we like.
Katsuto jumonji, I have a soft spot for big guys. :p
36971BA2-1094-41CD-BFE9-0025DB865635.jpeg

I also draw a lot of birds and other characters, so feel free to let me know if you’d like to see them!

View attachment 2917970
Aloha! This is a little character that I drew on my phone, hope u like him!
Bonjour! I like him very much!! uwu

Oooh this thread is so nice!! I really like to see different styles and techniques.
I draw digitally, here’s some stuff I’ve done for a video game project:View attachment 2918094View attachment 2918095View attachment 2918096
those are some impressive background skills! Welcome to the thread, both of you!

Last edited:
I think one of the most useful tips I’ve received and I give is: Don’t be afraid of using references, copy!! When I have to create a character, the first thing I do is go to pinterest (more useful than google in this, imo) and use keywords of ideas I have, to get inspiration. Example: if I want to create a female elf archer, I’ll use “elf fantasy drawing”, “elvish outfit”, “elvish bow”, “elf warrior”, and you’ll get an awful lot of references. Then I pick a pose that could be used by any character, very general. And then I try to start adding all the stuff that I like from the references I’ve been watching. And of course, every time I draw a character I have to look up hands and feet/shoes references, because otherwise it’s impossible xD
I think looking for the right references is almost as important as technique.
I use reference all the time! :highfive:Sometimes I’ll spend hours browsing Pinterest just looking for a reference picture to sketch. 😂

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom