Any artists out there?

some little wolf doodles
1668618943595.png

Been messing around with watercolors a bit more… any tips? I hate doing backgrounds but leaving it white seemed too basic.
I love taping around the background for a nice clean edge. Use artists tape and if it sticks too much use a hairdryer to warm it up a bit and it'll peel off nice and clean. Also, if you don't like doing backgrounds, you can do a small piece of background in whatever shape you want behind the subject like this:
shoebill.jpg

I love taping around the background for a nice clean edge. Use artists tape and if it sticks too much use a hairdryer to warm it up a bit and it'll peel off nice and clean. Also, if you don't like doing backgrounds, you can do a small piece of background in whatever shape you want behind the subject like this:
shoebill.jpg
I wasn’t sure I was going to do a background, but I usually do use tape. I’m a little traumatized because I had the edges taped for an acrylic still life I was doing, and when I went in for the peel, it stripped my paper and tore it in spots :((((( I’ll show you the painting:
2488AA17-FB6D-41F9-B1CE-15328AEAAABB.jpeg

I never got around to finishing this… it just stopped being interesting. Acrylics are hard :(

I did a watercolor sketch yesterday on two different kinds of paper, mixed media and once I decided I hated that, redid it on watercolor. Sometimes I take for granted how important paper is 💀
885EB418-6231-4124-9AF2-703DFCAA8B76.jpeg

Mixed media
D515DB4B-3E3E-4529-9248-2BEEC06C6F28.jpeg

Watercolor paper

Back
Top Bottom