Any artists out there?

Pics
I love the willow tree and the flower! I'm not that great of a painter.
I am learning, too. Always wanted to paint but it's intimidating with all the different brushes and how to use them to get the look or the fine lines (that's why I love black)... idk if that makes sense but yeah.

I am learning, too. Always wanted to paint but it's intimidating with all the different brushes and how to use them to get the look or the fine lines (that's why I love black)... idk if that makes sense but yeah.
I started with acrylic paints when I started painting. I painted on the walls in my house lol. I love the way oil paint goes on and that it takes forever to dry, but it so messy and expensive that I just went back to pencil.

I started with acrylic paints when I started painting. I painted on the walls in my house lol. I love the way oil paint goes on and that it takes forever to dry, but it so messy and expensive that I just went back to pencil.
I know what you mean, I think that's why I do more in my journal than actual art pieces. It's easier and less stressful lol
One of these days I want to do an actual tutorial from YouTube

I love painting but it's something I just don't have the time or space to do. The last time I brought a painting home from college to dry, my cat walked all over it. I started with acrylic and overall I like it better, but I did one oil painting class and while I'm not in love with oils, at least I know how to use them now.

And yeah that's why I went back to pencil. Can't go wrong with that! And if I do need to paint, I hop on my computer. I have a tablet but to this day I haven't gotten used to using it. I think it's because I learned to digitally paint using the touchpad on my first laptop and that's just the most comfortable to me. I'm trying to force myself to use the tablet more because the touchpad on my current laptop isn't the greatest, and overall I think it'd be better for my carpal tunnel issues.
Still can't line/ink worth a damn in digital art programs though. I have to sketch everything in pencil and usually even ink it but again, I am trying very hard to at least do the inking digitally now. It's getting there (the picture I posted with the magic cat was sketched in pencil and inked/colored digitally).

I love painting but it's something I just don't have the time or space to do. The last time I brought a painting home from college to dry, my cat walked all over it. I started with acrylic and overall I like it better, but I did one oil painting class and while I'm not in love with oils, at least I know how to use them now.

And yeah that's why I went back to pencil. Can't go wrong with that! And if I do need to paint, I hop on my computer. I have a tablet but to this day I haven't gotten used to using it. I think it's because I learned to digitally paint using the touchpad on my first laptop and that's just the most comfortable to me. I'm trying to force myself to use the tablet more because the touchpad on my current laptop isn't the greatest, and overall I think it'd be better for my carpal tunnel issues.
Still can't line/ink worth a damn in digital art programs though. I have to sketch everything in pencil and usually even ink it but again, I am trying very hard to at least do the inking digitally now. It's getting there (the picture I posted with the magic cat was sketched in pencil and inked/colored digitally).
I'm TERRIBLE trying to draw on any kind of screen. I'm so much better with a pencil. I didn't start to draw until I was 24. I always thought I was just one of those people that couldn't do it. I was just using the wrong utensils. I learned alot of what I know about sharing from YouTube videos. I still can't draw faces, but I can draw eyes.

@Sarah12987 ugh me too. Faces are so hard. This is why I usually stick with animals :p.
Though I did decide to torture myself and start sketching a second character from the same story as the magic cat. I think I've deleted the original pencil sketch layer by this point, but all the other layers are still intact :D I do love being able to layer things on the computer.
giuseppesketch.jpg
Digital inking is hard you guys. Seriously to heck with drawing people and their stupid faces and their stupid clothes.

@Sarah12987 ugh me too. Faces are so hard. This is why I usually stick with animals :p.
Though I did decide to torture myself and start sketching a second character from the same story as the magic cat. I think I've deleted the original pencil sketch layer by this point, but all the other layers are still intact :D I do love being able to layer things on the computer.
View attachment 2228552
Digital inking is hard you guys. Seriously to heck with drawing people and their stupid faces and their stupid clothes.
That's really good! That's a better face than I can do lol

Back
Top Bottom