Any artists out there?

Ok here's my 2 best drawings as promised... my biggest problem is getting everything too scale...
20200609_125849.jpg

The second one is a real view from a real place around my area... but notice the power pull... ugh...
20200708_132352.jpg

@RobertaD1 You said that you're an art teacher....I'd like to become an art or math teacher. Do you mind if I ask you questions about art, and being an art teacher? If you don't want to answer that's fine too. I'm looking to at least be able to do commissions in the future, if not become an art teacher. What kind of courses did you have to take? How much is the pay, if you don't mind me asking? What do you think is the next step for me? You've seen some of my stuff, but I can re upload if you'd like. If this is annoying for you, please just tell me-I'll figure it out :)

I've been getting into clone wars more, it's honestly a really good show. Always thought of it as a kid's program but there are parts that get very dark or explore dark themes. And the animation style is really growing on me, it looks like a piece of artwork
Not looking forward to watching the season 7 finale though, I'm going to cry like a baby
Anyways, here's some Ahsokas...I've drawn other characters but they are on paper
View attachment 2230970
View attachment 2230969
That's one of my husbanda favorite characters,great work!!

@RobertaD1 You said that you're an art teacher....I'd like to become an art or math teacher. Do you mind if I ask you questions about art, and being an art teacher? If you don't want to answer that's fine too. I'm looking to at least be able to do commissions in the future, if not become an art teacher. What kind of courses did you have to take? How much is the pay, if you don't mind me asking? What do you think is the next step for me? You've seen some of my stuff, but I can re upload if you'd like. If this is annoying for you, please just tell me-I'll figure it out :)
Your next stop is a bachelor's in art education :) yep, a 4 yr school.... and you will need to specialize in ar education. The best license to get is one that let's you teach pre-12..... that way you can get a job anywhere. I THINK you can still do that...LOL.... I would have to look. Your work is good enough! But, to teach in the schools.... you will need that bachelor's degree. So, that's a start.
And just so ya know... you're not annoying!

Your next stop is a bachelor's in art education :) yep, a 4 yr school.... and you will need to specialize in ar education. The best license to get is one that let's you teach pre-12..... that way you can get a job anywhere. I THINK you can still do that...LOL.... I would have to look. Your work is good enough! But, to teach in the schools.... you will need that bachelor's degree. So, that's a start.
And just so ya know... you're not annoying!
Ah, ok...so a LOT of school XD I still have a while before I go off to college, so I have some time to improve my art and think about if I want to go for art teacher, math teacher, or something else all together! That pre-12 thing makes a lot of sense, there's more flexibility. I mostly want to focus on drawing animals, but I *suppose* *sighs* that I should learn to do humans too. I have a few things that I think I need to work on:
-texture
-proportions
-color
What would make sense to focus on first? If I get annoying, PLEASE tell me to stop. I wouldn't want to bother you at all, and I'm so grateful that you'll answer my questions :)

Back
Top Bottom