Any artists out there?

Nnn... this was supposed to be experimenting with shading and profiles, but I still don't quite like how it came out... better than nothing, though.
file 27.png

Nnn... this was supposed to be experimenting with shading and profiles, but I still don't quite like how it came out... better than nothing, though.
View attachment 2615473
I love it! Especially the indigo colored hair. And the ear, I really like it a lot. And the shirt too. It’s cute.

Can anyone give me some people sketching advice?
Try to find a reference picture, and sketch out where the joints are. Use circles for joints (elbows, wrists, knees, ankles), and connect them with lines. For the body, use a couple of different box sizes for the chest and waist, and then use a sort of smooshed pentagon for the hips.
The hands and feet are tricky, but remember that every part of the human body can be drawn with basic shapes -- I use little rounded squares/rectangles for the hands, and sort of triangles for the feet, depending on the angle.
I'll try to sketch up a body how I do it later to try and help explain visually what I mean.

Try to find a reference picture, and sketch out where the joints are. Use circles for joints (elbows, wrists, knees, ankles), and connect them with lines. For the body, use a couple of different box sizes for the chest and waist, and then use a sort of smooshed pentagon for the hips.
The hands and feet are tricky, but remember that every part of the human body can be drawn with basic shapes -- I use little rounded squares/rectangles for the hands, and sort of triangles for the feet, depending on the angle.
I'll try to sketch up a body how I do it later to try and help explain visually what I mean.
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom