Any artists out there?

A WIP of my Griffin OC, I will see if any of you regulars on here remember who she is based on!
Untitled163.jpg

Love the Peregrine!

I don't have any bird stuff on my computer, but here's some whale stuff I did last year during quarantine :

View attachment 2622594

View attachment 2622595

View attachment 2622596

View attachment 2622597
Wow, I’m in total awe. Art hasn’t done that to me before. The detail is amazing, they look like photographs, and I would think that, but they’re too beautiful to be photos. The lighting is incredible. All the scrapes on the whales back can be seen. And the light speckling adds such a surreal feel. I like that you added birds to some of your paintings, and they’re beautiful birds! It seems so peaceful. I like they’re little legs, their little faces.
It’s sort of like you transported me into the whale’s world, I guess. It’s like seeing what they see instead of a camera, which only does so much underwater.

Wow, I’m in total awe. Art hasn’t done that to me before. The detail is amazing, they look like photographs, and I would think that, but they’re too beautiful to be photos. The lighting is incredible. All the scrapes on the whales back can be seen. And the light speckling adds such a surreal feel. I like that you added birds to some of your paintings, and they’re beautiful birds! It seems so peaceful. I like they’re little legs, their little faces.
It’s sort of like you transported me into the whale’s world, I guess. It’s like seeing what they see instead of a camera, which only does so much underwater.
Thank you Amer. Yeah I liked the idea of diving Puffins encountering a whale. I figure it must happen in real life but it’s a scene that we rarely - if ever - get to see. Puffins swimming at the surface and a whale surfacing nearby? Sure. But the birds underwater was an idea I explored in a few different ways. In the Tufted Puffins/Orca painting the question is : Is the whale a “resident” (fish-eating) Orca? If so the Puffins are perfectly safe. But if it’s a “Transient” meat-eating Orca.... 🩸🩸🩸
There is no one right answer. I purposely hid the details that could ID the whale as one or the other. So it’s up to the viewer to decide.

But I truly appreciate your kind words. It made my day.

This whole thread is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom