Any artists out there?

She is still nameless, I haven’t come up with anything appropriate.
Ever since I read/watched a devotional Walking with God in the Desert, I have been slightly obsessed with Sahara culture and landscape. That’s how my first role play came about actually.
Ever since @little Brownie showed me that D&D video, I thought: if I did D&D, what would my character be like? Obviously a halfling, I’m obsessed with them.
So my shepherdess halfling bard is losely based off Bedouin shepherdesses. She has the complexion and hair (but I didn’t shade because whenever I do that it turns out poorly.) She plays the flute, which she learned from an elder in her nomadic tribe. Passing on stories and music is something she does, but her actual job is simply to care for sheep. Alone in the desert. She has a sling (useful because her marksmanship is acute though she is very small. Think David and Goliath.) She also has a shepherd’s staff, sheepskin bag o’ supplies, and small knife. She also is a scrappy survivalist.
She never stayed far from her tribe. As she was returning to them, they simply weren’t there. Thus, she embarks on an adventure.
E9D07529-D5C5-4C8D-99DC-E458393AAA19.jpeg
i sure should color her

@Alyssa-Bee, you couldn't wait to see what I drew during my hotel stay, if I remember correctly? ;)

Welp, this is the *only* one I've draw that's not a stinky little doodle on my paper. 🙄
Leo again! :D He's looking so dapper in that parka, I could drool! :drool .
View attachment 2787287
Yes, you remember correctly, I love seeing your art. He looks great! If you like, though, I'd be pleased to see you add some darker shadows on his face, it might give him more depth! I've always been bad at drawing people, especially when they're not facing strait at me. I love your angles!

Ever since I read/watched a devotional Walking with God in the Desert, I have been slightly obsessed with Sahara culture and landscape. That’s how my first role play came about actually.
Ever since @little Brownie showed me that D&D video, I thought: if I did D&D, what would my character be like? Obviously a halfling, I’m obsessed with them.
So my shepherdess halfling bard is losely based off Bedouin shepherdesses. She has the complexion and hair (but I didn’t shade because whenever I do that it turns out poorly.) She plays the flute, which she learned from an elder in her nomadic tribe. Passing on stories and music is something she does, but her actual job is simply to care for sheep. Alone in the desert. She has a sling (useful because her marksmanship is acute though she is very small. Think David and Goliath.) She also has a shepherd’s staff, sheepskin bag o’ supplies, and small knife. She also is a scrappy survivalist.
She never stayed far from her tribe. As she was returning to them, they simply weren’t there. Thus, she embarks on an adventure.View attachment 2787397i sure should color her
Ooooooo age? I suspect her clothes won't live up to what's in your head. What are the colors?

She never stayed far from her tribe. As she was returning to them, they simply weren’t there. Thus, she embarks on an adventure.View attachment 2787397i sure should color her
I love how you based her off of people and things in the bible!

Well, along with D&D, which I don't really know anything about.:oops:

I’ve always been bad drawing people when they are facing straight at me!
I've read that drawing faces dead-on is one of the hardest angles to draw them at. Everything needs to be symmetrical (unless the face itself isn't symmetrical), and I've found that it's really tricky to get the space between the eyes right, personally....

Yes, you remember correctly, I love seeing your art. He looks great! If you like, though, I'd be pleased to see you add some darker shadows on his face, it might give him more depth! I've always been bad at drawing people, especially when they're not facing strait at me. I love your angles!
Thanks! I just don't know where to put them.... :confused:

I've read that drawing faces dead-on is one of the hardest angles to draw them at. Everything needs to be symmetrical (unless the face itself isn't symmetrical), and I've found that it's really tricky to get the space between the eyes right, personally....
I don't really struggle with eyes, but Jumonji's face is like a symmetrical box! :th
I much prefer 3/4th views over dead ons.... :)

Back
Top Bottom