Any artists out there?

I don't mind reptiles in general, but around here we have these really grumpy nope ropes you have to watch out for.
_DSC9627-Edit.jpg

Sorry, I'm a bit of a snake/reptile nerd.
They are awesome animals. Extremely interesting that's for sure. I was super intrigued by them when I was a little younger, loved watching channels like Snake Discovery and learning about them. Another one who doesn't do reptiles that I always found super interesting was Joseph Carter The mink man. Idk what he is up to now or if he is still uploading but he was basically doing falconry but instead of training raptors he was training minks. He also trained a monitor lizard. And he is an excellent dog trainer too. And falconer on top of all of that 😅

Another one who doesn't do reptiles that I always found super interesting was Joseph Carter The mink man. Idk what he is up to now or if he is still uploading but he was basically doing falconry but instead of training raptors he was training minks. He also trained a monitor lizard. And he is an excellent dog trainer too. And falconer on top of all of that 😅
Wow, he sounds like my dream man!!! :love I'm actually getting into falconry officially myself!

I've been intrigued since I was a little girl and I've been studying EVER SINCE! So now I'm going to meet a potential sponsor tomorrow!

Wow, he sounds like my dream man!!! :love I'm actually getting into falconry officially myself!

I've been intrigued since I was a little girl and I've been studying EVER SINCE! So now I'm going to meet a potential sponsor tomorrow!
That's awesome. I've always been very interested in it too. It's something I'm looking to get into in the future. When I was 7 or 8 I found a red tailed hawk fledgling in our forest after a big thunderstorm. It had been knocked from it's nest and couldn't fly at the time. I took it home with me and put it in the chicken coop. We did not have any chickens at the time. I fed it raw ground beef and small rodents whenever I could catch them. She lived and did very well, once she started to fly a bit more I moved her into our barn. She would hunt chipmunks and other rodents in the barn yard for a while but we had a lot of barn swallows and they constantly would be mobbing her. She eventually left and went back to the wild. Most likely long gone now though, that was like 12 years ago.

Last edited:
That's awesome. I've always been very interested in it too. It's something I'm looking to get into in the future. When I was 7 or 8 I found a red tailed hawk fledgling in our forest after a big thunderstorm. It had been knocked from it's nest and couldn't fly at the time. I took it home with me and put it in the chicken coop. We did not have any chickens at the time. I fed it raw ground beef and small rodents whenever I could catch them. She lived and did very well, once she started to fly a bit more I moved her into our barn. She would hunt chipmunks and other rodents in the barn yard for a while but we had a lot of barn swallows and they constantly would be mobbing her. She eventually left and went back to the wild. Must likely long gone now though, that was like 12 years ago.
At the time I didn't know it was illegal to keep them. And i didn't know about rehabilitation centers 😅
I do know now though, I'm just glad I handled it well enough for the bird to live. My grandparents are good friends with the founder of a big rehabilitation center up here and I got to tour it this spring with one of my cousins. Was super cool but man some of the stories you hear about where the animals came from are just ridiculous. There was a sharp shinned hawk and the lady told us it had been taken from a guy who took it from the wild and raised it on chick starter. Like for chickens. And the thing was not releasable because it had permanent damage from how malnurished it was. I was surprised it could even survive on a diet of chick starter.
I wanted to work at the rehab center this winter but my other job unexpectedly came up with a lot more work so I haven't left it yet.

That's awesome. I've always been very interested in it too. It's something I'm looking to get into in the future. When I was 7 or 8 I found a red tailed hawk fledgling in our forest after a big thunderstorm. It had been knocked from it's nest and couldn't fly at the time. I took it home with me and put it in the chicken coop. We did not have any chickens at the time. I fed it raw ground beef and small rodents whenever I could catch them. She lived and did very well, once she started to fly a bit more I moved her into our barn. She would hunt chipmunks and other rodents in the barn yard for a while but we had a lot of barn swallows and they constantly would be mobbing her. She eventually left and went back to the wild. Most likely long gone now though, that was like 12 years ago.
Yep, thank you! Oh my gosh, that is such a sweet story thank you for telling me! :hugs

I’ve been hoping to rescue one like you did, but we don’t have any nests nearby because of the chickens. :lau
If I could kick the chickens out I put a Red tailed hawk in there instead.

Back
Top Bottom