Any artists out there?

ok now you have to link the posts...and CNN contacted you??? That's insane
I mainly use tumblr, insta, and discord for my art...though I hardly get any notes on tumblr unless it's got a trending tag (my owl house thing is at 3k notes), and instagram is mostly just people I know personally. And on discord you only get a few people viewing it obviously, even on a big server. It's just fun to post there ig
I'd have to do some digging. This was a very long time ago. I posted an album to r/pics of the process start to finish of me making my husband's wedding ring. I finished it within a month or two of the wedding, just in time, so the post would've been made in 2014.

This isn’t a new piece (drew it at the start of 2022), but I decided to touch up on it a little today.
E4983EA0-935A-4B89-B226-F1EC8FEDC0EC.jpeg
57353BDE-FCFE-458B-8F5D-120A69ED05C8.jpeg

I love picrew! let me try this!
I invented new characters and now I want to draw them…
Those mermaids are cool.
This isn’t a new piece (drew it at the start of 2022), but I decided to touch up on it a little today. View attachment 3109774View attachment 3109773
Fancy

So one of the parts of the engraving process is getting the outline of what it is you're engraving, for borders. I do this by taking an oil lamp and holding the piece over the dirty smoke end of the flame. It deposits smoke on the piece which I then will apply a piece of clear tape to, paste to a piece of paper, and scan into my computer which gives me my "smoke print".

You can do smoke prints after you're done. This is what I did here, for giggles, because it's a nice physical copy of what I carved into steel. I smoke printed the finished engraving, lifted the smoke with packing tape, pasted it to printer paper and scanned the result.
Smokeinvert.jpg

Attachments

• smoke1.jpg
    smoke1.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 3
So one of the parts of the engraving process is getting the outline of what it is you're engraving, for borders. I do this by taking an oil lamp and holding the piece over the dirty smoke end of the flame. It deposits smoke on the piece which I then will apply a piece of clear tape to, paste to a piece of paper, and scan into my computer which gives me my "smoke print".

You can do smoke prints after you're done. This is what I did here, for giggles, because it's a nice physical copy of what I carved into steel. I smoke printed the finished engraving, lifted the smoke with packing tape, pasted it to printer paper and scanned the result.View attachment 3110639
Cool
Another owl WIP. I definitely need to stop drawing birds, and move on to something fresh and exciting. View attachment 3110862
Never stop. It’s amazing.

Back
Top Bottom