Any artists out there?

This is very lovely. Nice work!
Thanks!
Nah, this is my own little booger, his name is Moro and he's the center of my universe. I paint so, so slow. When I was younger, before I went to ISU and got my BFA, I had so much energy and motivation. I honestly don't know where I got it from. I had this endless font of creative energy, and I sponged the works of other artists to improve my work. Something happened after I left University and joined the working masses. I spent several years making no drawings, no paintings, no art. I dedicated myself to the craft of fine jewelry, and discovered that, somehow, somewhere along the way, I lost the desire to draw and paint. So I didn't. And recovering from that has been somewhat like at home dentistry applied to yourself. My muse has anemia, or something. I honestly force myself to draw or create something now, because if I didn't, I would never. I tell myself "I must". It is part of this nebulous quest of "why am I here, what am I for, why do I exist". But that means that most of my artworks of which I am most proud are years long endeavors. My largest, favorite painting took me 5 years to make. No one is going to wait 5 years for a portrait of their pet. It's what I'm capable of, though. I'm a classically trained, professional fine artist, and I can only paint a decent painting maybe twice, sometimes four times a year. I try not to let it get to me. I realize it limits me, financially, because I'm unable to properly capitalize on it. It's why I do engraving now, it's some kind of jazzy fusion of the meticulous fine detail work of goldsmithing, and the freedom and liberty of artistic expression that's more similar to drawing and painting.

tl;dr: I take WAY (years) too long to paint anything so no

edit to add: I started this painting of Moro when he was 1.5 and he is now 3 :)
That's too bad because you're an incredible painter and drawer! There have been a few times when I worked on a painting on and off over the course of a couple years, usually because I didn't like where the painting was going or the painting was too large or complicated for my attention span. I mainly work in acrylics.
stella.jpg

Thanks!

That's too bad because you're an incredible painter and drawer! There have been a few times when I worked on a painting on and off over the course of a couple years, usually because I didn't like where the painting was going or the painting was too large or complicated for my attention span. I mainly work in acrylics.
stella.jpg
That's beautiful!

I don't have any one particular media I stick to. I draw with pencils, I'll do chalks and pastels on sidewalks, oil paintings, watercolors, pixel art/video game art/pixel animations/video game assets. I used to do a ton of digital art, especially between high school and the end of college, but I ended up feeling really dissatisfied with the lack of a tangible object to show for my effort and fell into traditional media again.

That somewhat reminds me that I made a fully animated chicken mount to replace the horse in stardew valley and never got it compiled into a mod. I wonder how many people on BYC play stardew valley.

My latest drawing in colored pencil.
Red-shouldered%20hawk%20drawing2.jpg
It looks like it’s going to fly off the page!

Thanks!

stella.jpg
It looks like it will run off the page!
That's beautiful!

I don't have any one particular media I stick to. I draw with pencils, I'll do chalks and pastels on sidewalks, oil paintings, watercolors, pixel art/video game art/pixel animations/video game assets. I used to do a ton of digital art, especially between high school and the end of college, but I ended up feeling really dissatisfied with the lack of a tangible object to show for my effort and fell into traditional media again.

That somewhat reminds me that I made a fully animated chicken mount to replace the horse in stardew valley and never got it compiled into a mod. I wonder how many people on BYC play stardew valley.
I do!

This is a little video clip I took of just some simple sprite replacements and a few tweaks on how the chicken bounces vs. the gallop of the horse.

I stopped working on it because the programming got beyond my capabilities for fixing issues like the tail clipping through the player and replacing the clop sound with bipedal footfalls. And hats were completely borked of course.

Back
Top Bottom