Any artists out there?

How do we do digital art??
That can be a complicated answer. We all create in different ways using different tools and techniques, so there's not one answer that fits everything. Not trying to give you an evasive answer, I just really don't know what you're interested in doing as far as digital art goes or what tools you may have access to in order for us to help guide you in the right direction.

So maybe we start there? What do you want to create? Something specific? Something more generalized? Do you have a specific style in mind (like anime or pop art for example)? and what ecosystem are you working from? Windows, Mac, Android phone/tablet, iphone/ipad? Do you have any drawing apps already that you're familiar with?

Digital is not my strong suit unless we're talking raytracing (and no one ever talks about that because it's super geeky and tech-centered), but there are a bunch of peeps on this thread that do digital and can offer suggestions and advice if you can give us a little info.

That can be a complicated answer. We all create in different ways using different tools and techniques, so there's not one answer that fits everything. Not trying to give you an evasive answer, I just really don't know what you're interested in doing as far as digital art goes or what tools you may have access to in order for us to help guide you in the right direction.

So maybe we start there? What do you want to create?
basically chickens.....ONLY CHICKENS lol
Something specific?
yes, chickens!
Something more generalized?
no just chickens!
Do you have a specific style in mind (like anime or pop art for example)?
NOT ANIME! like the drawings stinkyacres and wild Claws make.
and what ecosystem are you working from? Windows, Mac, Android phone/tablet, iphone/ipad?
android phone
Do you have any drawing apps already that you're familiar with?
No

basically chickens.....ONLY CHICKENS lol

Android phone
OK, does your phone have a stylus or stylus support? Finger drawing on a cell is... not easy. Not saying it's not possible, but it's a lot easier with a stylus for sure.

Sketch book by Autodesk is pretty widely used in the android ecosystem, as are ibis paint and Artflow. All have free versions, Ibis and artflow I think have limited tools in the free versions but you can buy them. Give em a try and see if one feels better to you than the others. They all have "how to" vids on youtube that you can search out for ideas and examples of how to use them as well.

This is really subjective as far as choosing tools goes. We all have our favorites but that doesn't always mean they're right for everyone. You kinda need to play around with them and get a good feel for one that works best for you.

OK, does your phone have a stylus or stylus support? Finger drawing on a cell is... not easy. Not saying it's not possible, but it's a lot easier with a stylus for sure.

Sketch book by Autodesk is pretty widely used in the android ecosystem, as are ibis paint and Artflow. All have free versions, Ibis and artflow I think have limited tools in the free versions but you can buy them. Give em a try and see if one feels better to you than the others. They all have "how to" vids on youtube that you can search out for ideas and examples of how to use them as well.

This is really subjective as far as choosing tools goes. We all have our favorites but that doesn't always mean they're right for everyone. You kinda need to play around with them and get a good feel for one that works best for you.
Ok thanks 😊 I will try these!

I hope I can show y'all some nice art!
Don't worry about if it's nice or not. If you're proud of it, share it.

Now, one thing I will warn you about now. Artists in general are SNOBS. Not so much here on BYC, we all try really hard to support one another because we are all at different places in our art experience. But you need to be fully prepared to ignore the haters if you post other places, because the internet is full of people who think they're Monet and that they can do it better than you. Create for yourself and be happy with what you do. If other people like it too, that's bonus. Art takes some tough skin. Just be prepared.

I am this good at digital art! Maybe some practice will help....hopefully
Screenshot_20220910-224723_Sketchbook.jpg

Don't worry about if it's nice or not. If you're proud of it, share it.

Now, one thing I will warn you about now. Artists in general are SNOBS. Not so much here on BYC, we all try really hard to support one another because we are all at different places in our art experience. But you need to be fully prepared to ignore the haters if you post other places, because the internet is full of people who think they're Monet and that they can do it better than you. Create for yourself and be happy with what you do. If other people like it too, that's bonus. Art takes some tough skin. Just be prepared.
Thanks, I don't post anything anywhere else but I'll keep that in mind!

Back
Top Bottom