Any artists out there?

Jasper and Agate, watercolor

View attachment 3417518
Wow! You are a woman of many talents! You are so good at watercolor! You managed to put so much detail into such a thin layer. I love Agate’s little owl tufts.
How did you make the thin black lines?
How do you do the eyes? Mine never turn out well, they end up being orange circles with a black sharpie circle and a white speck of paint.

Wow! You are a woman of many talents! You are so good at watercolor! You managed to put so much detail into such a thin layer. I love Agate’s little owl tufts.
How did you make the thin black lines?
How do you do the eyes? Mine never turn out well, they end up being orange circles with a black sharpie circle and a white speck of paint.

Thanks!

All done with a brush. Karell 3/0 synthetic round. I didn't sketch jasper first, but I did plot Agate. I'm using Sakura Koi 26 color travel set with warm water.

20230227_161524.jpg

Agate's iris is very dark, almost the same color as the pupil in shadow. Keep the eye color dark and where the light catches the iris, give it a little color. Very very dark auburn. A highlight of orange instead of white. Keep highlights around the eyes to a minimum so the white reflection on the eye draw the viewer to it.

Part of what made this a bit more challenging is the lack of a visible eye on jasper. where is it? it's in there... somewhere.. in one of those darker strokes. Lol. without agate there, would anyone know I can paint eyes? /hmm

Last edited:
Thanks!

All done with a brush. Karell 3/0 synthetic round. I didn't sketch jasper first, but I did plot Agate. I'm using Sakura Koi 26 color travel set with warm water.

View attachment 3417529

Agate's iris is very dark, almost the same color as the pupil in shadow. Keep the eye color dark and where the light catches the iris, give it a little color. Very very dark auburn. A highlight of orange instead of white. Keep highlights around the eyes to a minimum so the white reflection on the eye draw the viewer to it.

Part of what made this a bit more challenging is the lack of a visible eye on jasper. where is it? it's in there... somewhere.. in one of those darker strokes. Lol. without agate there, would anyone know I can paint eyes? /hmm
Thanks.
I think it’s funny Jasper has no eyes. I find the female d’Anvers’ eyes clear their beards, while the males beards will block the eyes.
Onyx helped me paint today for a while.View attachment 3417543
Awwwww

Thanks.
I think it’s funny Jasper has no eyes. I find the female d’Anvers’ eyes clear their beards, while the males beards will block the eyes.

Awwwww
They can really flex their crests up and down and they can kinda move their beard a little too, when they want to see something better. When they want to be bunched up, their eyes vanish lol. I have to imagine it's been a boon this winter. It does make their whole face a pom pom though.

They can really flex their crests up and down and they can kinda move their beard a little too, when they want to see something better. When they want to be bunched up, their eyes vanish lol. I have to imagine it's been a boon this winter. It does make their whole face a pom pom though.
I find that to be true. When they sit, bearded birds have little eyelid warmers.

Back
Top Bottom