Any Australian Shepherd owner here?

Can't help with finding a breeder because our Aussie came from the shelter. But, we love our little Jasper. So, here's another Aussie pic.

IMG00209-20100621-1810.jpg

I for one think the OP dogs look great. Good luck in your search. They are a fun breed and so darn smart.

Jim

Last edited:
I have two Black Tri males. One is almost nine and has had seizures since 4 months of age. Still, he has three Rally titles and a couple legs of agility (I stopped running him in trials from fear he'd have a seizure on top of the A frame someday). My other one is six and a half and has two rally titles and is currently learning to track. My older one will pull a cart. both dogs have some herding experience. They both hike; the older one did a 130 mile backpacking trip with us when he was four, and they have both climbed several of the Adirondack High Peaks and numerous other mountains.

I absolutely agree that Aussies who are not properly socialized and trained and occupied are no fun to live with, and may be impossible. they are a special needs breed and not for everyone. Bloodlines have a lot to do with temperament, but socialization and training have just as much impact. A good Aussie is a fabulous dog!! Just be sure you are ready, willing, and able to give them the time and attention they need.

Hi all, just starting to learn about this breed. I rescued a dog early August who was put down as an Australian Cattle
Dog x breed. I just got his DNA back & he came out as 50% Australian Shepherd with both parents & grandparents on one
side being pure bred & the Cattle dog is part of the other % in him.

Will try & put his pic on this post but not sure if it will work, still learning! If you can see the pic looks like his coat was
kept short from his X bred.

111229_brocky.jpg

Back
Top Bottom