Any baking/bakers out there? Favorite receipes...

Sequin

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
So, today the baking bug caught me and I turned those browning bananas into something luscious. Banana nut bread. Mmmmmm - it is scenting the house now as I type. If the batter is any indication of the end product, it is gonna be sooo YUM!!! Here is the receipe I used... Oh yeah, and any other bakers want to share their easy and delicious baked goods/receipes???? Feel free!!!
smile.png

My Banana nut bread:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups white sugar(I used 1c. white sugar 1c. Sucanat - which is a raw sugar)
2 cups mashed overripe bananas
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 - 3 tsp Toriani Syrup(I used Almond Rocca)
1 - 2 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.
Sift first three ingredients together.
Mix butter and sugar together until well combined.
Combine remaining ingredients with butter and sugar mixture. Add sifted dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until nicely combined. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan(should need two loaf pans). Bake 50 - 70 min. depending on oven. Remove from oven when toothpick inserted in crown of loaf comes out clean. Let cool in loaf pan for at least 5 min. Remove to cooling rack and cool completely. Can be frozen for up to a month - if there is anything left to freeze!!!
wink.png
Happy baking and eating!!!

Mix-in-the-Pan Chocolate Cake

This is a great everyday cake, I always have the ingredients. Easy and fast to make, I usually top with peanut butter and chocolate chips before baking or powdered sugar after cooling. I found this recipe in an old Fannie Farmer baking book.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1c. granular sugar (I've used Splenda too)
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. white or cider vinegar (I prefer cider)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 c. oil
1 c. water
Confectioners' sugar or 1 c. chocolate or peanut butter chips for topping

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan only if you wish to unmold the cake for serving (mix ingredients in a bowl), other wise you may mix & serve the cake directly from the pan.

Combine flour, baking soda, sugar, cocoa and salt and sift them together into the baking pan. Shake the pan to level the ingredients, then with your finger or the back of a spoon make three small holes in the flour mixture. Pour the vinegar in one, the vanilla in another and the oil in the remaining hole. Pour the water over the top. Using a table fork, stir the mixture very well, reaching all over the bottom and corners of the pan to incorporate all the flour. Mixing will take about 1 1/2 minutes and the batter will be almost smooth, a few small lumps are ok and will disappear in baking.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and if you are going to serve it unmolded, let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning it out onto a rack. Otherwise let the cake cool completely in the pan, before serving dust with confectioners' sugar shaken thru a sieve.

Ooooohhhh Yum. Topped with Peanut Butter?! I am totally going to have to try that. Interesting with the vinegar as an ingredient, but I have heard of other things like adding avocado to cake and it really makes it moist. You are right about having the ingredients in the house - I have all those needed... hee hee - guess what I will be doing later this week?!
wink.png

Anyone with an easy Sugar Cookie recipe? My son wants one to make cookies for his girlfriends family for Thanksgiving and every time I make them they taste dry and sandy-like.
tks.

If you go to the bottom of the index there is a section there for egg and other recipes and there are lots of cookie recipes.

If he wants to make a pan of browies I have a recipe that is fast and wonderfull really moist then I put chocolate frosting on them, yum, I am always asked to bring these when I have to bring a dish.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom