Any bought chicks from MyPetChicken.Com?

I ordered back in May for a July 23 delivery. I got them on time, all seven were perfect and still are at 5 weeks old. I ordered 6 hens and one rooster, and, though its early yet, all the signs indicate that the sexing of the chicks was accurate. The rooster and one hen were silkies. I paid a lot to have those silkies sexed but so far it is very worth it. They are beautiful, and fun, and healthy.

i ordered heavies, not bantams, but i recommend mypetchicken.

i, too, ordered back in may for a july hatch. the email notifications post-order were excellent. it was certainly a long wait, but i don't begrudge that with my picky order (three each of five different breeds) so late in the ordering season. the chicks were shipped express, were in fine fettle, and are still doing well four weeks later. i got one RIR cockerel, unfortunately, but they included an extra barred rock that's a pullet, so i got my fifteen pullets, just not in quite the varieties i'd expected.

I ordered some heavy breed layers from them and was very satisfied with the birds sent. They couldn't send 3 of my Partridge Rock order, which was a little disappointing, but the rest of the flock (24) are exceptionally healthy, beautiful birds. Growing like weeds, they are 6 weeks old now and free ranging like mad!

It has been a steady, cold rain today and they are out in the garden with their fluffy butts in the air, having a ball. They integrated well with my older flock, no mishaps there. I only used a heat lamp for the first week, then put them outside in their own pen. It has been in the low 50's here each night and they did great.

MPC isn't great on returning phone calls, but the birds came promptly and in great shape, so I can't complain at all.

Back in May I placed an order for 12 sexed silkie pullets. The order was schedule to arrive the week of July 21st and arrived right on time. Unfortunately, I only received 11 of the 12 but My Pet Chicken was easy to get ahold of and promptly refunded me the price of the missing white silkie chick. Apparently it was due to shortages at the hatchery. Like other folks here, I also paid the extra $7 per chick because I live in a town and can not have roosters. However, at five weeks old it looks like there may be three rooster suspects in the bunch.

Health wise... for the most part they have been very robust except for one of the lavenders who is now falling behind in size (she is only 4.6oz, half the size and weight of the largest) and one of the partridges has had a crooked beak since birth but has a great personality and gets on just fine.

Here are links to videos taken at 3 days old and two weeks old (I will post the video of when they were four weeks old later this evening):
http://web.me.com/w6kla/LittleIslandGreen/3_Days_Old.html
http://web.me.com/w6kla/LittleIslandGreen/2_Weeks_Old.html

And here are a couple of pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/littleislandgreen/

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered from MPC this morning....

3 Buff's including one roo
2 Australorps
2 Silver Wyandottes
2 Gold Wyandottes
2 Rhode Island Reds

Can't wait !!!

So for folks who've ordered from them in the past....what's in the email they send you 5 days prior ??

Last edited:
Quote:
i didn't get an email 5 days prior. i got one confirming my order, then another a few days later with the hatch date, the ship date, and contact information, as well as a link to their chick care page.

Quote:
you can have mine!!! what a trio of complete lunatics! they're very pretty, but i won't be supplementing my flock with any more PPRs!

Quote:
I don't remember getting one five days prior. I just got one that confirmed the order and gave the exact date. BTW, they said I would get them by Wed., the 23rd of July. I was ready the day before and got them the day before.

Tell me more!!! Why are they lunatics? Never had the breed before and think they are beautiful, as well as functional. Did you get them from MPC as well? I know the one I did receive is a little flighty but, other than the WRs and BOs, the rest of them are just as jumpy.

Not sure why you would buy from My Pet Chicken? They buy their chicks from Meyer's Hatchery...so why not buy straight from them?

Thats what I did. I had great customer service from Meyer's and all 10 chicks arrived alive. They are now 5 months old and doing great.

Ordered all pullets and one ended up a roo...which is what they say...90% sexing accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom