1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any breeders in MA or CT or even RI have any of the following ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by melissa508, Sep 16, 2009.

1. melissa508

melissa508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    ma
    Im looking to buy some local birds & its NOT ez here.

Muscovy (any age) in blue/blue pied or really nice ripple (no wild-type colors)

silkies- preferable a splash pair or buff hen (nice quality)

indian runners- white female & black or gray pair or single female (need really good quality to go with mine)

2. Capone

Capone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Rhode Island
    its hard to find breeders in new england. im in rhode island so heres a bump

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    There's a show in Cobleskill, NY on Sept 27. They have a good sized sales area, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Theres a lady in the next town over from me that breeds show silkies..and she also has runner ducks.. Golden egg farm...maybe try to google it..Shes in Hardwick MA

heres the link..

http://www.goldeneggfarm.com/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Yes, Kate has some nice birds. I don't believe she has muscovies.

6. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    i am going to the swap on Sunday I think and will have runners, and possibly some unsexed silkie chicks. Splash and buff to be exact cant deside whether to keep them or not so I am unsure about the silkes but def. the runners, fawn and white, and some black female sweedish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by