Any breeders in Northern Illinois?

sweeterdeeter42

Songster
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Northern Illinois
Looking for connections and to see whats available.
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
Hello there I get the magazine Countryside and under Illinois is Chicken Scratch Poultry out of McLeansbouro, Illinois. They have a website chickenscratchpoultry.com. I too am in Northern Illinois I have never ordered from them but I did check out the website!

I am in N Illinois too! I have some of this and some of that, but actively breed Seramas. I also have turkins, dominique, buckeye. Got some ducks, geese, and turkeys.

Depends on how northern you want to search for?

There are a few, depending on breeds you are looking for. I do not know of any hatcheries up that far north if you are looking for hatchery chicks.

Quote:
Breeders are fine too! I am about 15 minutes from the Wisconsin border and about 2 hours west of Chicago, though. So I guess if anybody knows any in Southern Wisconsin too.
big_smile.png

I raise/breed mf cochins, white cochins, and bbs mottled cochins (all bantams).
smile.png
I'm about 45 mins from rockford.
Edited to add that I also have silkies but they are not seperated by color as of yet.

Last edited:
Just got 27 Australorp female chicks today from Hoovers in Iowa. I have extras if you are interested. The woman I was supposed to split the order with told me she no longer wants chicks. PM me if you are interested. I'm in Chicago but I can meet you half-way.

Back
Top Bottom