Any breeders in or near Vermont? Wyandottes or Heritage breeds?

For heritage breeds I have black giants. I also have the real araucana.

I am down to cockerels for both breeds right now if you are looking for birds. Pullets coming in the spring.

I am near Montpelier.

Thanks!
I don't have space for more birds now but I am interested in adding heritage breeds in the future and I would love to use a local breeder. At this point I am curious to see who's in the area and what they're doing with heritage stock.

I get the impression breeders are rare here, mostly just back yard flock owners who just want laying hens and a few who do their own meat processing.

I used to only do that but think as time goes on one develops a sense that trying to breed some nice birds is worth while. I've always gotten nice birds from McMurray and still order from them every year (meaties and production reds) but also want to do a few rare breeds.

I am looking forward to seeing good results with my giants and araucanas. I culled hard in the last few weeks.

It's nice to know some local breeders for when we (that is *I*) am allowed to add a couple of birds to our flock. I'm working hard on next spring for a possibility;)

We have mixed breed EEs that I got from a friend who had to re-home her chickies, and I'd love to have some real Americaunas- I love the muffs on the faces that our girls have and I love the colored eggs. Montpelier isn't too far...

Back
Top Bottom