Any BYC Christians? Post here!-Please heed Admin Warning in First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is cause for praise, indeed! I don't believe I've ever gotten a deposit back. Even when the nitpicky items were repaired, painted, or cleaned. Just excuses to not give back money they have already spent long ago.

woot.gif
for you!!

Where were you baptised(in a baptistry or a body of water)?

Last edited:
I was baptised in a lake when I was 37 or 38 years old. Just a quick thing about that...

The pastor where I was attending church really wanted me to be baptiized in the baptistry. When I went thru my membership meetings I specifically asked if I could be baptized in a lake, pond, or the Sound and was told I could. I had held off on being baptised before because twice I was to be baptised in the Jordan River and both times events came up that prevented me from being able to do so. For whatever reason, I had always felt a need to be baptized outside rather than in a church baptistry.

Well, later during one of the final interviews with an Elder for my membership, he said the pastor and leaders of the church decided they really wanted me to be baptized in the church baptistry. I told them I was disappointed they felt that way and wished they wouldn't have lied to me in the first place and evidently I wasn't meant to be there. So they talked about it again and decided to baptize me at Cranberry Lake on a following weekend.

I don't remember now if it was a Saturday or Sunday but I think it was a Sunday between services. The church invited everyone to come but it wound up being just me, the pastor, and my family. Both myself and my daughter were baptized by the pastor at the same time. We had just recently led my daughter to the Lord. I think she was 12 or 13 at the time.

So here's why I write all this. Afterwards Pastor Bob came up to me and asked me if I noticed all the people at the lake watching us. I told him I hadn't. He said something like, "You know, I was really against this baptism not taking place at the church. I felt it was something that should have been done before the church family. But I couldn't help but notice all the people watching us. Some looked on with interest. Some looked on with smiles and obvious approval. And some were leering, making faces, pointing their finger and making snide remarks. As I watched all that, I couldn't help but think that baptism is supposed to be a public demonstration of identifying yourself with Christ and I'm glad we did this now. This was quite a testimony to me and a whole lot of others. I think it was a great way to publicly identify with Christ."

For a long time I had wondered if I was making too big a deal out of where I was baptized and I oftened thought maybe I should just get it over with but after hearing what Pastor Bob told me, I knew God had a reason and why I just never had any peace about being baptised indoors.

God Bless,

What a blessing it is when we follow where God leads us! So glad you stuck to your convictions...who knows who you affected that day with your public affirmation of your salvation?

I had never seen or even knew of an inside baptistry until I was in my late 20s...it amazed me! But...I guess it comes in handy when folks want baptized in the colder months.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Totally feel this way! The hubby and I talk about this all the time. It's lovely!

me to!!!
Ps 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Hallelujah !!

Is anybody else having trouble getting a clear definition for 'love'? I feel like things basically break down this way. Correct me if I'm wrong.
World: Love is to be directed at a boyfriend/girlfriend or a spouse.
Bible: Love is to be shared with everyone. To love someone is to think of them before yourself, and to be willing to make sacrifices for them.

Yet I feel so weird when I tell my friends "I love you." I'm pretty sure it's supossed to be that way, since the Bible says, "Love your neighbor." But there are so many times when a friend has been especially kind to me, and I really want to just say, "I love you," but I can't seem to do it because it feels very odd. What do you guys think?

The whole world has lost the definition of love. To the world, love is nothing more than being enamoured with someone for a time, but when they start to show that they are human "they are no longer IN love." That is a big part of why the divorce rate is so high anymore.
There are different types of love, however. You love your animals, but not the same way you love your friends or your parents. The love of a parent for a child is very strong and precious, but the love of a godly husband and wife towards each other is to demonstrate Christ's love for the church. It is a beautiful thing and so rare to see in these times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom