Any BYC Christians? Post here!-Please heed Admin Warning in First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Unfortunatley God does not embrass "diversity". Not when it comes to Salvation. Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me".

As proof I offer my life. I have studied with the JW's twice, been to the Episcapal church , the Catholic church and the Methodist. Not until I became Born again as Jesus said did I have the power to stop, drugs, fornication and adultery that was my life. Certainly there were many other sins I was committing also but these are the biggest.

Also "there is no other name by which man can be saved, except Jesus Christ".

Except you become "born again" as Jesus said you won't understand, you have to believe for yourself and except Him as your saviour.

We are "desciples" students. No one can learn all there is about God and Salvation in one posting on here. You have to get in the classroom and read your bible be born again.

Prayerfully yours

Rancher

Seems like an odd response to me saying that I respect your beliefs. Just as strongly as you believe in your faith, I too believe in mine. Any God that as you say "does not embrace diversity" would certainly be no god of mine. My God embraces us all. I will remove myself from your thread as I respect that it is for Christian chat, and I don't wish to create conflict, but I feel saddened by your response to what was meant as a peaceful, loving compliment to your faith. Take Care.

This brings up an interesting topic for conversation.

Certainly humans are a diverse lot. We were created male and female, tall and short, thin and not-so-thin, different colors, and different personalities. but even as a company hires "diverse" people and spend countless dollars on "diversity training" .. at the end of the day, you still have to follow the plan and vision for the company you work for, or you won't have your job very long. Are you fired because you are one of the "diverse" .. no (although many people will play that card) .. chances are if you aren't following the guidelines set by the company for your particular job, you were fired because of your CHOICES.

The same applies with Christianity .. to a certain extent.

Certainly there is diversity in the church. Even in worship styles, traditions (culture), and many doctrinal differences. But within that diversity, there are spiritual laws (just like there are laws in your community and/or country) ..

He has offered us -- EVERYBODY -- a bridge between us and Him. We choose to accept His gift of salvation, through Jesus, or we walk another path. By definition, a Christian believes that Christ is the only way to God. He's not excluding people, he includes EVERYONE, ANYONE who will CHOOSE to walk His path. He forces no one.

It frustrates me, to some extent, when people say they respect our beliefs and then get upset when we can't subscribe to "there are many ways to God .. or the "my god" "your god" thing. By the mere definition, Christianity is about Christ and Christ alone.

I guess it should come as no surprise, as the scriptures are clear:

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Last edited:
Excellent post and excellent points. I too get "frustrated, to some extent" by those who often tout "tolerance" but then rail against those of us who know there is only one way because we are intolerant. But, that is to be expected as well.

There is a huge danger lurking beneath the surface today within the "Christian" community and within churches and it is under the guise of what is typically being called "easy-believism". I am currently reading a book called "The Gospel According To Jesus" and John MacArthur is doing an outstanding job of addressing the issue so far. There are several very profound points made and he's spot on with much of what he's saying. If you can get a chance to read it, I recommend doing so far. I haven't finished the book yet but so far I have found the book refreshingly candid and to the point.

God Bless,

I'll make a controversial statement that some won't like. I do not respect the beliefs of everyone. I respect the people, but not the beliefs. If I thought all were equally valid, which I don't, then I would not really, truly believe my own. There is only one way things are, one thing that is actually true. People differ on what that is. Everyone does not go into their own preconceived eternity with their own beliefs validated, each in his own type of eternal place, according to what he holds to be true; there is one supreme Truth. The contention is what that is. I know what I believe it is, certainly. I know what I know. If I couldn't say that, then I would not be a true believer, just a "guesser". I look at it like this. If this is all a big joke and some other belief system is correct, I'm in good standing. Being ethical, clinging to Christian moral values puts me in good standing with most all other religions I've studied. If I am right, however, others will lose everything in the end and have an eternity they won't like. Now, that may some bad to some, but if you think about what I'm trying to say, you'll see my point. If you really, truly believe something, you stake your life on it, and beyond. Belief systems are often polar opposites and both cannot be true at the same time.

Another problem is that "tolerance" has become the new religion in and of itself. Don't even get me started on today's skewed meaning of that word!

John 3:18 He that believeth on Him is not condemned , but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten son of God.

The truth is the truth.

If you are not a Christian you will not see heaven, and you are not a Christian unless you believe all of what Jesus said.

My point was that until I believed I was bound in my sin. "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free". The truth is that "except a man be born again" as Jesus said "you can not (understand, percieve) see the kingdom of God". The bible won't make any sense nor change the sinners heart.

We must beleive what the bible says and accept it whether it makes us "feel" good or not. God does not allow us to pick and choose what to believe.

We are living "epistles" (examples, testimonies, proof). That what Jesus said is true.

They were offended at the preaching of Jesus Christ. So if we repeat what Jesus said , why should we be surprised? In fact He told us they would, "If they have hated the master they will hate you" (paraphrased).

He said "I am the way the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father BUT by ME. Not ( insert any God, Theology, Idea or Scientific equation of your choosing). There is no OTHER name given by which man can be saved. Jesus is the only way.

Sorry I didn't want to post to this thread because I know there are some who have invented their own version of the truth. One of them pm'd me and then got offended when I misinterpreted that they were of the faith. Choosing to pick and choose what to accept/believe as though the bible is a salad bar.

Believe me when I say there are manuscripts of the Bible in existence. There are writings of the early church still in existence. If you spent the time to read them all you would have no time for anything else. How long do you think it would take to decipher the Dead Sea Scrolls, translating them to the English language?

Ephesians 3:3 How that by "revelation" He made known unto me the mystery; God "reveals" to us, helps us to understand. Each of us, not just this person or that person. Yes it's a miracle that God revealed to me that I might be changed by the power of God from a practicing sinner to a practicing righteous man. Simply by "believing" Jesus Christ.

Ok I'm done for now.

Quote:
Great post .. and wholeheartedly agree with your last sentence!!

Quote:
I know alot can get lost in written word, but "all things in love" .. I think we can, and should, speak the truth .. in love.

Quote:
That is your truth, just as all other religions have their truth and therein lies the beauty of faith, everyone can believe as they wish and if they TRULY believe, then no one can sway their true faith and belief.

Quote:
Just as Christians have? It's not any different.

The problem with the Bible is that it's been interpreted by man over and over and over... who is to say that the men who interpreted it didn't change it to suit them or misinterpret a word here and there? I don't think anyone can ever be 100% sure that it's a perfect version.

I agree with LauraJean above, I respect what everyone else believes and as long as others do the same to me, then we're all good. Attack me and my religion, then we have a problem.

Now this to the MODS - I am NOT attacking anyone here, I am just conversing/discussing if that's ok?

Quote:
That is your truth, just as all other religions have their truth and therein lies the beauty of faith, everyone can believe as they wish and if they TRULY believe, then no one can sway their true faith and belief.

Quote:
Just as Christians have? It's not any different.

The problem with the Bible is that it's been interpreted by man over and over and over... who is to say that the men who interpreted it didn't change it to suit them or misinterpret a word here and there? I don't think anyone can ever be 100% sure that it's a perfect version.

I agree with LauraJean above, I respect what everyone else believes and as long as others do the same to me, then we're all good. Attack me and my religion, then we have a problem.

Now this to the MODS - I am NOT attacking anyone here, I am just conversing/discussing if that's ok?

There can only be ONE truth all others are false. Christianity is true anything else is false.
There is no problem with the bible, only with men/women, who do not believe that God is able to preserve the truth of His word from generation to generation. "Who is to say that the men who interpreted the bible didnt' change it to suit them?" GOD. If he hadn't how would I be saved? How would any of us?
The revelation of God's word by the Holy Spirit does not change from man/woman to man/woman it is always the same. That is the miracle of God. John 14:17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world (non Christian/unbeleiver/unborn again) can not receive because it seeth (perceives) Him not.
This is why we need to be "born again" or be spiritually reborn.
There are those who are trying to understand Spirtual matters with the natural (unborn again) mind and because they can't, argue against the truth. That "God sent His only begotten son that whosoever (anyone) believes on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life". John 3:16

If you think I'm wrong ask Him. Get down on your knees, just like I did one night in July of 1976 , in Brewerton, NY. "God Mark (a co-worker) says and the bible says I need to be born again, Please make me born again. I don't want to be a sinner anymore, I don't want to go to hell."
I began to read the bible Mark gave me beginning in Matthew and the rest is history 34 yrs ago, I was 24 yrs old.

Last edited:
Christianity, being SAVED, is entering into a covenant with God through His son Jesus Christ...only God has the luxury of being "tolerant." Quite simply we are to follow the rules and let the Boss run the show
wink.png
I have no issue with that. I'm not "tolerant" in todays definition of the word, but through the grace given to me by my Father...I tolerate other people whether I believe as they do or not. However, I believe if you aren't right with God you go to hell unless you get right with Him before you physically die. If that is offensive...oh well. Hate me for it. That's just one more brownie point for me. It's not like I am not aware folks hate Christianity...look at government...look all around. So, as far as discussion, we (Christians) are right to not candy coat our beliefs for the non believers who have decided to peep in and say Hi! We still love ya though!!!!!

As far as a 'made up' religion....I can prove what I know to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom