any cattle people out there!!!

34098_0720112041.jpg

how does she look, 11 days 'til fair!!!!!

We have raised Limousin for the past 15 years (other breeds and crosses mostly before that) but we are started to get more into the club calf side of things. We are going to be AIing all our cows to Clubby bulls this fall.

Don't have many pictures of our cattle on this computer but here is a couple.

Here is one of our heifers from last year that is going to be a donor cow for us. She is my avatar.
mollyhz.jpg

Her older brother who was sold to a local kid for his first steer project. He did a dang fine job with him.
bruce1s.png

Can't wait to get our calves next year. We are breeding to some really nice bulls. I think we will get some amazing calves. Here are the bulls we are using (not owned by us obviously).

Monopoly-2.jpg
MonoMonez-b.jpg

pretty_snazzy.jpg
Buddy-Love.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
very cool. ive been waiting for you to find this thread!!
lol.png

im gonna keep breeding shorthorn to my heifer and in april sometime when i breed her i want to use either TM Gus 36S or R-C WG darn Proud
34098_tmgus.jpg
34098_damnproud.jpg

im excited to get my calf next year too! my heifer is showy but shes a finer boned heifer and slightly taller, thats why im thing darn proud because hell beef her up and shrink her down!
Good luck with your calves next year!
who is that first limmy heifer outof... shes pretty blocky
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
you reall dont think of it but man do they grow FAST!!
34098_0612111709_0001.jpg
34098_0720112041.jpg
34098_0817111433.jpg

i just looked back at the first page and was blown away to see how TINY she was!!!!

Your calf is adorable. I love the look of roans. That is why we are using the white shorthorn bull (Buddy Love, he is actually 7/8 shorty, but same concept) in hopes for getting a blue roan or two.

The Limi heifer is out of our herd bull we recently sold. He is by KRVN PACESETTER 053P out of a big red donor cow. If you google the bull there are pictures out there. He was really popular for Limousin 4-5 years ago. Produced a ton of Champs. We bought the bull off his momma at a Limi sale when he was only 4 months old and raised him up and showed him a few times. He did pretty well. Ended up selling him here a few months back because we kept so many heifers off him. He only produced a couple bull calves, he almost always had heifers. Good for us to expand our herd, bad for him to get to stick around now that he has heifers ready to breed. Decided we just weren't going to do the bull thing anymore because we are selling most of our calves as show steers now and figured we could produce them even nicer with some clubby bulls...soooo...going only AI from here on out. Might breed back to Limousin on a few next year. I love Limousin...they get a bad rep for their temperament though. They may have had issues 20 years ago, but the vast majority of ranchers have bred that out of them. Our herd is just as docile as anyone's. Limis just don't have the hair that we want for show steers. You can see that the steer that kid showed off our herd had NO hair. He was slick. Wasn't a slick show either. He still stood second behind a really though steer though.

"Ellie Mae" is two weeks old in this pic. She's a Jersey. Since her momma is a milk cow we're raising her on a bottle. She's an absolute sweety!
love.gif

48412_liesls_pics_867.jpg

We've got a few Jerseys, but mostly raise beef cattle. All of our bulls are registered Angus, and most of the cows are black and sired by reg. Black Angus bulls. Also have a handful of Herefords and Gelbviehs, and a Simmental, a Braunvieh, a Texas Longhorn mix, and a couple registered Black Angus cows.

Here's "Beege," one of our old herdsires (son of New Design 1407, grandson of Precision 1680). This picture was taken the day before we sold him. He was getting old and had lost a couple hundred pounds and just didn't have enough libido to get the job done anymore.
48412_liesls_pics_357.jpg

And "Indy," a young bull we purchased a couple years ago. Only 20 months old in this pic (son of In Focus, grandson of New Frontier).
48412_liesls_pics_326.jpg

One of the registered cows, "Sarah," and her hours old bull calf. Sarah is sired by Beege, and the calf is sired by Indy.
48412_liesls_pics_779.jpg

"Cowgirl" and her 2011 heifer calf. Cowgirl is some kind of Texas Longhorn mix, and the calf is sired by our Objective bull.
48412_liesls_pics_830.jpg

Cowgirl with her 2009 heifer calf.
48412_liesls_pics_218.jpg

My dear sweet 1,300# pet, "Purdy." She is Cowgirl's first calf and sired by Beege.
48412_liesls_pics_093.jpg

Purdy with her 2009 heifer calf. She has had trouble carrying a calf to term since then. I'm really hoping she'll have a live calf this fall. If she doesn't I'll have to sell her.
hit.gif
I haven't given any of the other cows near this much leeway. But Purdy is so special! But it doesn't make sense to feed a 1,300# "pet."
sad.png

48412_liesls_pics_256.jpg

Our angus girl kicking up her heels:

kickinup.jpg

Our angus/simmental cross bull calf:

simmy.jpg

Hanging out at the back door. Not going to let those chickens get a treat without sharing!

Simmy1.jpg

Simmylettuce1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom